PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

This was posted in the comments section, but I cant find anything to confirm that Gammons said anything

chitown3118 hours ago

Peter Gammons reporting Jake Arrieta’s name is involved! I hope his “protein shakes” don’t involve Sammy Sosa’s “Flintstone vitamins”

I just went to Gammon's Twitter feed and I saw nothing there. I think someone on that comments section is stirring up dung.

This was posted in the comments section, but I cant find anything to confirm that Gammons said anything

chitown3118 hours ago

Peter Gammons reporting Jake Arrieta’s name is involved! I hope his “protein shakes” don’t involve Sammy Sosa’s “Flintstone vitamins”

:)

Funny, as I tend to read comments on sports pages, but never news stories. Pure toxic.

I stopped watching both national and local news because I found it wasn't news, it was life presented to fit the owner of the stations agenda. A pox on both their houses! Ooops, guess this post isn't appropriate but I'll just have to live with the consequences:)

Ortiz getting suspended in his "farewell tour" combined with the Yankees finishing last in the division would actually trump anything the Orioles did for my baseball happiness.

I wonder what that says about me as a person...

• Upvote 1

As a Padre fan, I saw Headley’s breakout year. It came outta nowhere…and even the local media/press types that had been following him since his minor league days, were surprised. Not because of the numbers, per say…but the fact that 80% of his production came in the 2nd half. As if “something” had been tapped into or used to enhance whatever ability he has in the first place. It just looked and felt strange.

I can tell you one thing. Here in San Diego, all kinds of folks thought he walked on water. I never liked the guy. Every year he got paid more, and did, less. When he got traded, screamed for joy..and the guy that we got for him, Solarte, has every bit the ability that Headley has/had, plus some.

so, I hope no one is shocked if Chase Headley gets popped. I won't be one of them..

Comment section.

More...

Teams only know if the player tells them. Otherwise they find out when process is complete, appeals are exhausted, and the suspension is official. It then goes into place immediately. They might hear rumblings, since rumors float around about everything; but the league tells them nothing about what’s in process.

I know this as a Twins fan, because the Ervin Santana suspension last year caught the team completely by surprise and had to shift plans at the last minute with a pitcher who was going to go to the bullpen; even though Santana had been going through the appeals process in secret for some time. Terry Ryan (Twins GM) and Dave St. Peter (Twins President) were both interviewed multiple places and explained that the team is not told anything at all until the process is complete. The player can tell the team they tested positive and are appealing, but they are under no obligation to do so.