A month into the season, we need to start discussing Adam Jones

Enjoy Terror

...trying no to stir things up ..... buuuuuuuuut that list is relevant to what Jones is doing this season how?

The best hitters in the middle of the order ground into the most double plays. For the Orioles. For all teams.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm interested to see the distance on Adam's homer tonight. It might be the second longest the Orioles have had this year, to his earlier 460-footer. Let's hope this gets him untracked.

It was long. What was the exit speed?

The best hitters in the middle of the order ground into the most double plays. For the Orioles. For all teams.

I'm a bit confused (not much of a stretch there). Were you saying he's among the best because he hasn't hit into too many dp's during his career ... or he's among the best because he has hit into dp's a lot this year?

Roch Kubatko

“Our pitching staff made it. They’re the ones. We were following their lead,” he said.

“Gausman went out there and battled his tail off and (Brach) Brach, O’Day and Britton. It’s not about me, man. It’s about this team. It’s about winning collectively and however you do it is however you do it.”

Here’s more from Jones:

On Rickard’s at-bat: “It was huge. He battled. He was down 0-2. He had some hecklers screaming some very disrespectful obscenities that shouldn’t take place in baseball. I’m sure he heard it and he battled his tail off and we were able to shut them up.”

On his home run: “Another run for the team. Go out and support your pitcher. The game continues to go and continues to go. You can’t get caught up on every single thing that happens. Good swing and was finally able to help the team. Now do it tomorrow.”

On whether it’s been a difficult last few weeks for him: “We’ve been playing good baseball as a team. As long as we keep winning, it really doesn’t matter how it goes. As long as the team wins, that’s the main objective, that’s the main goal. I’m a team guy. I’m not an ‘I, I, I’ type of person. I’m just for the team

I'm a bit confused (not much of a stretch there). Were you saying he's among the best because he hasn't hit into too many dp's during his career ... or he's among the best because he has hit into dp's a lot this year?
Yes. I was.

Archived