vs. TWINS, 5/11

Sessh

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tyler just doesn't have the usual movement today. May just be the weather, but he's given up way more fly balls today than I'd like to see.

I was convinced they would crush him. But its a big park. In foul weather.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Angels">@Angels</a> recall RHP Matt Shoemaker from Triple-A Salt Lake, designate INF Ji-Man Choi for assignment.</p>— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) <a href="

">May 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like we may get the Ji-Man back if we want him.

Tyler just doesn't have the usual movement today. May just be the weather, but he's given up way more fly balls today than I'd like to see.

Good park for him to be pitching in then. :)

Hi ho hi ho

Off to work I go!

GO O's!!!!!!!!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• There are three things you want in a broadcaster beyond the technical skill, and the knowledge of the subject: what they say, how they say it, and the voice with which they say it. Gary Thorne and Joe Angel had wonderful voices. Imagine them reading you a bedtime story. They’re just good to listen to. Melanie’s voice is awful. It’s a bad voice. She could replace Siri on your GPS, and no one would notice. Kevin Browns voice is a thin tenor, there’s no body or depth to it. He sounds like a teen aged kid. Ben has a good voice, the best of the group. Then there’s how they say it, the inflection, phrasing, pacing that can increase or decrease the excitement of the play, or at the very least keep you interested. Melanie fails here too, but they all do, mostly. Mike Bordick was the worst. I don’t know why he’s gone, but I’m grateful. Finally, there’s what they say, the ongoing banter between batters between pitches, that deals with baseball history, individual statistics, the ballpark, and other things that maintain listener interest. She’s terrible. But on this, they’re all terrible. They are all varying degrees of bad. The whole team should be replaced, but she’s the worst.
    • I don't think most serious baseball fans even look at holds or even save percentages all that much. Anyone who watched the game knows that blown save is on Kimbrel and not Akin.
    • It may have been the first time it was mentioned in this thread, so I can understand how you missed it.  
    • I hate when people cite save percentage and/or blown save percentage when evaluating relief pitchers because it is a stat that is so wildly dependent on context it tells you very little on its own.  I think looking at overall team numbers is a better use of it but still flawed. And last night's game was a great example. Kimbrel was credited with a hold last night, despite allowing 2 runs in 2/3 of an inning, and it was actually Akin who was credited with the blown save, despite giving up 0 runs personally. I was just looking at the box score and this absurdity jumped out at me.
    • The sound of her voice is not an issue for me.  Its the words she says when using her voice.  Though I'll take this opportunity to revisit her hilarious description of Santander's catch in the gap last night as 'a ridiculous snatch'.
    • I think Ryan Spillborghs is the Apple analyst.  He was there last year, and when they came to Camden Yards, he sat out in the Bird Bath and was really excited about it, really a good sport.  I thought he was pretty good as an analyst overall as well.  Apparently he also works on Rockies broadcasts as his regular gig, so probably just relieved to see a good baseball team play LOL.
  • Popular Contributors