Dylan Bundy Thread

drdelaware

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Proof that velocity isn't everything: Bundy averaged 95.6 with his fastball today and topped out at 97.1, but he was ineffective. I didn't see the game and can't comment further. What was his problem?

Command. He really didn't throw that many fastballs. If I recall correctly, he was throwing mostly change-ups and curveballs.

He wasn't hitting his corners. A lot of pitches. Struck out quite a few guys...but overall he looked like he did when he first started out as a reliever. Control/command issues.

Command. He really didn't throw that many fastballs. If I recall correctly, he was throwing mostly change-ups and curveballs.

He wasn't hitting his corners. A lot of pitches. Struck out quite a few guys...but overall he looked like he did when he first started out as a reliever. Control/command issues.

Forsythe at bat was huge. I don't think he was pitching around him like Thorne thought. He didn't havs the kind of command to be pitching with bases loaded today.

Post game show said only 48% fastballs. Guess he didn't like his feel for it today.

Forsythe at bat was huge. I don't think he was pitching around him like Thorne thought. He didn't havs the kind of command to be pitching with bases loaded today.

Agreed.

As for that 2 run scoring single...it wasn't actually a bad pitch considering it was well off the plate. It was just stabbed at. That said it's an interesting approaching in a 3-2 count with the bases juiced. But...command, command, command.

I said it in the game thread it might be wise to skip his next start and give him a rest. His lack of command could be fatigue given how many innings he's pitched this year.

And/or, now that Tillman is back, they could make sure that Bundy gets an extra days' rest each and every time for the rest of the season, without fail.

And while doing so, I would make sure that Tillman and Gausman were the least inconvenienced by any change in schedule ........ in other words, in the effort of keeping Bundy on at least 5 days' rest each and every time from here on out, keep Tillman and Gausman on whatever their set schedules would have been otherwise, and shuffle the starts of Miley, Jimenez, and Gallardo if that's what it takes to keep Bundy on his extra rest schedule.

And/or, now that Tillman is back, they could make sure that Bundy gets an extra days' rest each and every time for the rest of the season, without fail.

And while doing so, I would make sure that Tillman and Gausman were the least inconvenienced by any change in schedule ........ in other words, in the effort of keeping Bundy on at least 5 days' rest each and every time from here on out, keep Tillman and Gausman on whatever their set schedules would have been otherwise, and shuffle the starts of Miley, Jimenez, and Gallardo if that's what it takes to keep Bundy on his extra rest schedule.

This is exactly what I propose. Tillman and Gausman every 5 days, Bundy every 6 days, skip/spot start the other guys to make the days work. I worked it all out on the "Skip Miley" thread. Buck just needs to make it happen.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/154657-Skip-Miley-Start-Ubaldo-DET/page3

Archived