vs. RED SOX, 6/2

Sessh

Dude. We're down by a run in the sixth inning. We scored four runs in the first five innings and 13 runs yesterday. They haven't lost anything.

Also, I don't know if you've noticed this but Bucks bullpen has been one of the best in baseball for a few years now. His management style can't be that flawed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably the biggest critic of Buck on this board but I can't fault him for this or leaving starting pitchers in too long. They need to be able to pitch deeper into games or the bullpen will get worn down. When's the last time a starting pitcher on this team was able to pitch into the seventh inning? This is completely unacceptable.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He shouldn't still be on the team or starting. Who's that on?

I agree that Ubaldo shouldn't still be starting games for us, but that's another topic. But it's reasonable to question Buck and DD on that. Hopefully this is his last start.

That pitcher is Ubaldo, not any pitcher. Most every other manager would have had the pen warming at the first hit of that inning if not at the opening of the inning. Buck's precious "protect their arms" at all costs, not warming anyone until it is too late, squeezing extra out of lousy starters has cost us many games over his tenure. Including likely this critical one. Poor managing. Very.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In September he would have. Pen has been used a lot lately. Who knows who starts for Wright, who is the matchup lefty? Duensing? Givens can't get lefties out. When he is out of game? Before Ortiz?

Duquette?

Most likely, although buck should know his MO and have someone ready (like Duensing?)

What does it hurt to have someone up in the 6? If you don't need him you don't need him.

At this point, if Wilson ubaldo wright or Worley is starting, someone should ALWAYS be up up start the 6th. Period.

Managing isn't THAT hard.

I'm probably the biggest critic of Buck on this board but I can't fault him for this or leaving starting pitchers in too long. They need to be able to pitch deeper into games or the bullpen will get worn down. When's the last time a starting pitcher on this team was able to pitch into the seventh inning? This is completely unacceptable.

Tillman has pitched into the 7th inning in 6 of his last 7 starts, pitching 7 complete in 3 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely, although buck should know his MO and have someone ready (like Duensing?)

What does it hurt to have someone up in the 6? If you don't need him you don't need him.

At this point, if Wilson ubaldo wright or Worley is starting, someone should ALWAYS be up up start the 6th. Period.

Managing isn't THAT hard.

You can't manage like that. Automatically get someone up?

Archived