Updates on Hunter Harvey

Norfolk orioles

3 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Most teams, but not the Orioles. Matt Riley is still #28.

After all the trades, the O's depth of prospects should be as good as its been in decades.  What it's lacking, imo, are the elite prospects.  And it's still possible - though probably not likely - that Harvey gets and stays healthy and becomes a quality starting pitcher in the bigs.  We can't depend on it, but let's hope.      

17 hours ago, weams said:

Not sure if this is good news.

Part of me is thinking, if they found something, that could explain the problem and they fix it and he comes back and pitches for the team,

But, with no issues, is good, but then again, it points to an overall frailness of his makeup and likely to repeat itself.

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Not sure if this is good news.

Part of me is thinking, if they found something, that could explain the problem and they fix it and he comes back and pitches for the team,

But, with no issues, is good, but then again, it points to an overall frailness of his makeup and likely to repeat itself.

I agree. It seems like it's:

1. Soreness

2. Rest & Exam

3. Throwing program

Repeat for 6 years..

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I was told yesterday that Hunter Harvey is considered healthy at this point and has passed all tests and is pain free. He will begin the same throwing program as all Orioles pitchers, starting in December and is expected to be a full go this spring.

Lucy, is that you?   With the football?   

Maybe it's not her.

Maybe if I just run fast enough when she's not looking I can kick it..........................

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I was told yesterday that Hunter Harvey is considered healthy at this point, has passed all tests, and is pain free.

He will begin the same throwing program as all Orioles pitchers starting in December, and is expected to be a full go this spring.

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

Lucy, is that you ???   With the football ???   

Maybe it's not her.

Maybe if I just run fast enough when she's not looking, I can kick it ..........................

o

o

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I was told yesterday that Hunter Harvey is considered healthy at this point and has passed all tests and is pain free. He will begin the same throwing program as all Orioles pitchers, starting in December and is expected to be a full go this spring.

Honestly, I’ll believe Harvey is healthy when he gets through a full season without missing time and shows no deterioration in his stuff.   Getting through a few weeks pain-free doesn’t really tell me anything.  

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Honestly, I’ll believe Harvey is healthy when he gets through a full season without missing time and shows no deterioration in his stuff.   Getting through a few weeks pain-free doesn’t really tell me anything.  

I won't argue that one bit. Just reporting what I was told.