GM's on the trade market...

TradeAngelos

To get an above average pitcher the Orioles, in my opinion, will need to take on an ugly contract. There just isn't the prospects to trade.

Or, more likely, we will get some mediocre depth arms, probably after the deadline.

Could end up being a Matusz type deal. We get a SP (Hill, Pomeranz, Hellickson?) for next to nothing because we take on a bad salary like Butler and then immediately DFA the player. Probably most plausible with Hill and Butler because they're "only" eating +/- 5 million this year and 10 next (if we took on the entire contract). That wouldn't work with Kemp's deal - you'd have to keep him around. Not sure who Philly would ask us to take...maybe Howard for the pro-rated remainder of this years deal plus his 10M buyout for next season. Expensive to say the least, but it's an alternative to preserving what we do have in the farm system. Hey Pete, it's only money! Come on man!;)

Posters pined for billy butler back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not I. I got flamed for having a strong opinion against him and his d bag attitude. Glad we didn't get him, I would have hated to root for his leg to fall off.

You could get Cashman or Preller pretty easily...

I still think Preller is quite good, I believe the order to go crazy last year came down from ownership. He got a really nice haul for Kimbrel and I look forward to see what he does with Tyson Ross, Cashner,Kemp,Melvin Upton and perhaps Myers.

I still think Preller is quite good, I believe the order to go crazy last year came down from ownership. He got a really nice haul for Kimbrel and I look forward to see what he does with Tyson Ross, Cashner,Kemp,Melvin Upton and perhaps Myers.

I suspect he never gets the chance.

Zack Orioles: Cozart doesn’t look all that dissimilar from a younger version of J.J. Hardy, who is now nearing 34 years of age. Hardy’s always-questionable on-base abilities have faded yet further in the last two years, and he last hit double-digit home runs in 2013. It’s not entirely inconceivable that Baltimore could seek his replacement in Cozart, though the elder player remains a top-quality defender. That scenario would begin to look more plausible if Hardy suffers another injury or can’t pick up the pace he has set since returning on June 18th (.257/.257/.314).
MLBTraderumors.com

When the Rays do move assets, it’s likely they won’t send them to any of the four other teams in the division, Silverman tells Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald. Tampa Bay’s top baseball decisionmaker acknowledged that he has at least some bias against intra-division swaps. “Personally, we’d prefer not to,” he said. “It’s a lot less fun to have to sit there and watch a player 19 times a year, but at the same time, we can’t cut off all avenues. We have to be open, but if the return is about the same, I would give the nod away from the division.”
MLBTraderumors.com

Archived