It's going to be a dogfight with Toronto and Boston

Frobby

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately, DD will panic and make a terrible move.

I'm not even sure Sale would help at this point.

We can't manufacture runs and we can't pitch.

We are not one player away from anything other than being a wild card team.

Fools gold fooled us all. The reality is our obp is dropping, our starting pitching is getting better but it was so bad it had no choice but to get better and our bullpen other than BOB is pretty mediocre to bad.

This team is not a WS team. Tough to watch us come undone at the seams while Boston and Toronto are seemingly getting stronger and more complete.

No rebuild, no decision to make. The only question for DD is how much to give up to improve the current club. There is no going back when you have invested this much and you are (at worse) 1.5 games back.

That's fine. I don't disagree. Get it done, rebuild/reload is coming anyway with jones, Davis getting older and Trumbo and weiters not likely back.

AL is wide open enough to win now and worry about 2018ish later

Wow....they go cold for a week and people lose their minds. Look, they pitched pretty well (other than Sat), the offense went cold for a bit. I have no doubt that won't continue for long.

I was pleasantly surprised that BOS and TOR didn't do more at the deadline. That's not a bad thing. Not too happy about TEX and CLE getting better though.

Archived