OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (JULY 25th)

ORIOLES WIN !!!

RED SOX LOSE !!!

ORIOLES WIN !!!

RED SOX LOSE !!!

ORIOLES WIN !!!

RED SOX LOSE !!!

o

The Orioles played the best team in the American League and the Sox played the worst team in the American League and lost two games in the standings.

Boston's rotation still isn't good and their pen is patch work right now with Uehera and Kimbrel out.

Toronto's pen has blown a bunch of leads and their about to lose Sanchez to his innings limit. He'll help out the pen but that hurts their rotation.

I like where we are at.

Baseball Prospects still has us third to win the division at 26.6%, behind BOS 39.5% and TOR 32.0%.

I am not clear as to whether BP adjusts its evaluations of the teams as the season progresses, or whether they just rely on what PECOTA told them before the season started and then roll dice with the remaining outcomes. Any projection that is based on the mean expected outcome of the remaining games yielding a .483 winning percentage is just ludicrous at this stage, even considering that we have a pretty tough remaining schedule.

I'm having trouble finding a team on there with a better record than us.

The Giants, Nats and Rangers all have close to the same record as us. Boston and Toronto are no more then 3 games behind us. Just because we have a few percentage points of a better record doesn't mean we are way above them. August will be tough.

The Giants, Nats and Rangers all have close to the same record as us. Boston and Toronto are no more then 3 games behind us. Just because we have a few percentage points of a better record doesn't mean we are way above them. August will be tough.

Not going to be a cake walk, but they are in control of their own destiny. [Dang it, there I go, using Tony-OH's buzz word. :)]

Being on top, is already better than looking up.

5 days ago Boston is in first place by .5 a game, they go 1-4 and now sit in 3rd place. The division is likely going to be crazy down to the end! Going to feel like playoffs the rest of the way. Great time to be an Os fan and baseball fan.

Boston's rotation still isn't good and their pen is patch work right now with Uehera and Kimbrel out.

Toronto's pen has blown a bunch of leads and their about to lose Sanchez to his innings limit. He'll help out the pen but that hurts their rotation.

I like where we are at.

Really? They are going to shut Sanchez down?

I didn't know that.

Archived