vs. NATIONALS, 8/22

Sessh

Buck commented in the pregame that the command has been a bit down. But he said that the downtick in velocity has been more due to his using his two seamer more BECAUSE of his lack of command.

Says that type of nuance goes over the head of the analytics guys who are studying radar gun readings.

That type of nuance can be easily fact checked by going over to Brooks Baseball and looking at the velocity readings.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=605164&time=&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=08/22/2016&s_type=2

See, they can tell if it is a four or two seam fastball.

His four seam velocity is down.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. I've been saying it all summer and getting bashed for it.

Won't bash you if you also complain about the many first pitch HRs and hits that he does get.

But I never seem to see you and Roy and the other first pitch complainers say a negative word when he does good things on the first pitch. Never.

Why penalize the teams? They are just taking advantage of a stupid rule implemented by MLB. In cases like Gibbons always asking for a review, the umps can deny.

The rule can go jump too. But now the challenges take forever AND a fair number of them still end up being judgement calls that 50 percent of viewers can disagree on, but then you also have the delay while every team's video guy checks any close play to see if they want to challenge. It makes already too long games longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived