vs. RAYS, 9/15

Sessh

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're using Chrome, you can change a setting that allows you to mute individual tabs. A terrific feature I regularly use for this site.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=chrome%20mute%20tab&oq=chrome%20mute%20tab&rlz=1C1ASAB_enUS443US443&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7295j0j4

If sites insist on subjecting users to the most annoying ads possible, they deserve to get blocked. I've gotten adware and viruses from ads way too much and I trust no one with my property anymore. They only make

money if someone clicks on them anyway.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• HEY! I love this! let me explain: I love underdog stories. I love a guy who comes out of nowhere, after a long slog that would have defeated lesser men, and is successful. Maybe not the Risen Savior, but successful for a while. I was so enthusiastic about him I almost got a Watkins jersey  to pair with my Caleb Joseph jersey. When he was designated the first time, I lamented, but someone here said, “He has a baseball reference page, and not many people do.” That settled me down. It’s the kind of thing that Spenser could tell the kids he was coaching at school, and his own kids, and that was fine. But he came back and did well. His WAR is lousy, but consider this: I saved this photo because I was going to print it and send it to Spenser with a note telling him not to worry, sometimes you’re good and it doesn’t work out anyway. I never got around to it, but I saved the photo because it’s illustrative that bad results don’t necessarily mean bad performance. Keep trying, never give up, sometimes your best IS good enough, but they don't/won’t recognize it. I don’t think he will come back; he had one start last year for the As and got blasted, but I wish him well, and I hope he does get another chance before he goes to the high school team that has been waiting for him for a few years. And he will always have that BBR page. He made a few bucks, he was the 22,436th debut in history, and he’ll always have that, too. God bless him. I haven’t yet read the other comments, but thanks for the post.
    • I know he's been mentioned repeatedly as untouchable and he's very highly regarded. I get all that. But why exactly? I know he's still a little young for AA, but do his numbers in the minors thus far scream untouchable? He's a big kid - is he elite defensively behind the plate? Is he expected to put up Frank Thomas type numbers some day? Just thinking out loud...don't kill me. But with Adley locked up for 3 years beyond this year and with Mayo looking like a nice, studly 1b option (at least imo), along with the other young bats that we have, where exactly does he fit in the next year or two? Also, we literally have no rotation next year. The current #3 becomes the ace with who behind him? If Basallo is a piece that gets the Orioles an ace with years of control, how do they say no?  
    • He may not even be the best power prospect in the system right now. Basallo may be ahead of him. (Which is really crazy to think about)
    • Mayo might be the best power hitting prospect in team history in terms of his raw power and how good is swing is in the minors.
    • Bradfield has put up a line of .326/.404/.449/.853 in his home games, so I don't think the park is bothering him much.
    • This is just incredibly impressive.  These numbers are much more exciting than his traditional stat line.  Looking at these numbers, I'd say he's a safer bet to hit in the majors than even Holliday, and definitely untouchable in a trade....at least I hope so...
    • Exactly. "A guy we want starting a playoff game."
  • Popular Contributors