What Would It Take To Get Charlie Blackmon?

ELMERO

Other than Gausman, Bundy, Britton or Sisco?  Would Brach and Mancini plus somebody like Ryan Mountcastle or Austin Winns be enough?  Of course, I'd only do this if we sign Trumbo to mostly DH.  Could you live with 1 more year of Kim in LF?  Think of what Mancini would do at Coor's Field.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ELMERO said:

Other than Gausman, Bundy, Britton or Sisco?  Would Brach and Mancini plus somebody like Ryan Mountcastle or Austin Winns be enough?  Of course, I'd only do this if we sign Trumbo to mostly DH.  Could you live with 1 more year of Kim in LF?  Think of what Mancini would do at Coor's Field.

Sorry, I meant Austin Hays.

3 hours ago, ELMERO said:

No. You mentioned how to get him,. And it''s not Sisco. Or Bundy. 

I like Bundy, but I don't believe he has a lot of value at this point. It could improve depending on2017 but without Gausman Colorado wouldn't even begin a conversation. There are a plethora of teams that could give way more than Baltimore could. Be would be a great pickup, but just not with what we would have to offer.

25 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I like Bundy, but I don't believe he has a lot of value at this point. It could improve depending on2017 but without Gausman Colorado wouldn't even begin a conversation. There are a plethora of teams that could give way more than Baltimore could. Be would be a great pickup, but just not with what we would have to offer.

I think we can move on from Colorado unless we want Parra. Nothing to see here. 

4 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

That would be insane to pay that price. I would rather move Macado for two top end pitching prospects and build for 2019 and beyond.

It wouldn't be an insane price to pay. Blackmon, not Gausman, is the established player. But it is a price the Orioles can't afford to pay because they need for Gausman to make good.

Archived