Orioles Sign Craig Gentry (Outrighted to AAA 5/16)

Rene88

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/18/2017 at 7:31 PM, SteveA said:

I think this guy has a better chance of making the team on April 3 than Choice, Francisco, Andino, Johnson, or Giovatella, assuming all regulars are healthy.  His skillset, such as it is, comes closer to filling a current need on our major league roster than any of them.  (Plays the OF with a + glove or at least not a - glove, bats from the right side, has gotten onbase more than 1/3 of the time in his major league career).

And it probably doesn't hurt that his time with the Rangers intersected Buck's.

Obviously have to reconsider this, Gentry is now a victim of the Bourn Supremacy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I can't believe the Orioles let Gentry go. He was one of Buck's favorite players. Who would have ever thought that the Orioles would carry three catchers. Can someone please explain this? Caleb barely plays the way it is.

Maybe they are trying to move one of them and this gives them time. Can't imagine them carrying three catchers for any length of time.

7 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I can't believe the Orioles let Gentry go. He was one of Buck's favorite players. Who would have ever thought that the Orioles would carry three catchers. Can someone please explain this? Caleb barely plays the way it is.

But does it compare with the man-love he has for Rickard?

Archived