scOtt

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Joey HR on a line drive to CF!

ST means nothing. He sucks.

o

Followed by an infield single for Hardy.

The "Comeback Orioles" of Spring Training ........ ala the "Comeback Bullets" of the regular season in the N.B.A.

15 minutes ago, terps19 said:

Lack of Trumbo and Davis' offense all spring long. I guess I should have made myself clearer.

11 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

They're saving it for the season.

This game is big, MD ........ REAL big.

They have won 8 out of their last 9 games.

If they win today, it will be 9 out of their last 10 in Spring Training, something that has not been done since Roy Firestone was their bat boy back in the 1960's.

That means ........ absolutely nothing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I agree, he'd be a nice logical fit for us. 
    • Zach Eflin TB is a starter that would have game 2 or 3 potential. He’s owed $18 million next year in his last year. That’s pretty pricey for the Rays.  I’d put him up there with rentals Kikuchi and Severino as best fits. 
    • You do know that Gunnar is hitting .290? Rustchman .300? O'Hearn .283? Westburg .282? Mountcastle .276? Watch the games much?
    • @Filmstudy that you for the detail on why you don't believe that Robert is a good fit. I tend to agree. 1. Cedric is finally coming out of his funk. 2. (And I know you don't put much stock into what coaches and FO personnel say publicly based on your excellent Raven's content) But Elias just about stated outright yesterday during his media appearance in Norfolk that all of his interest in acquisitions would be as he called it "on the pitching side".  3. Our offense is already # 1 in the sport as is. However, our pitching has not been very good since we have been forced to go with Suarez, Irvin, and Povich as the #3, 4, 5 options. IMO that combo over a long stretch of time will put a serious strain on the bullpen AND you really would not your chances of defeating multiple teams in the playoffs with any of them getting starts in every round (some times in pivotal/possible elimination games). IMO pitching is the real need/where the weaknesses lie.  4. I just wanted to give a shout out for your devotion to the belief in platoons...lol... But if the O's did acquire Robert by some chance, there is literally less than a ZERO chance that he would be used as a platoon player.
    • It's a partially elastic collision, so the EV reduction is going to be a little less than the velocity reduction from a thrown baseball.   I also think that hitters would eventually adjust and there would be more hitters in the mold of Luis Arraez, that focus on hitting soft line drives with a 65 mph bat speed.  Either way the BABIP of a whiff is .000 so I think baseball is better served seeing more batted balls even if BABIP is slightly depressed due to a reduction in EV.  Launch angle is also a large component to BABIP and batters can still square the ball up to maximize their chances.  And since a heavier ball will move less, it should be easier to square it up.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now