Most Vulnerable on 40-man

Rene88

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Drake, D Alvarez, Asher

I don't think Tararez is in danger of being dropped.

Santander will be on the DL until July. JMO

Interesting. What makes you think July?

I am not 100% certain Tarvarez is a lock, he does seem likely at this point though.

Just now, Rene88 said:

Interesting. What makes you think July?

I am not 100% certain Tarvarez is a lock, he does seem likely at this point though.

The O's are going to strengthen Santanders shoulder in Sarasota until June 10th.  Then put him on rehab for 20 days.  They will have to make a decision July 1st because that is when there are 90 days left in the season.  They need him on the 25 man roster for 90 day to keep him.

The O's can go with 11 pitchers until May 3rd.  There will be injuries but if they aren't timely enough to keep Tavarez the O's will be evaluating whether to use Rickard's option or not.   The month of April will be a trial for all the outfielder except  Adam.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The O's are going to strengthen Santanders shoulder in Sarasota until June 10th.  Then put him on rehab for 20 days.  They will have to make a decision July 1st because that is when there are 90 days left in the season.  They need him on the 25 man roster for 90 day to keep him.

The O's can go with 11 pitchers until May 3rd.  There will be injuries but if they aren't timely enough to keep Tavarez the O's will be evaluating whether to use Rickard's option or not.   The month of April will be a trial for all the outfielder except  Adam.

Thank you sir!

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

This isn't entirely accurate. If Santander finished the season with fewer than 90 days on the active roster he wouldn't have to be offered back, he would merely be subject to Rule 5 rules at the beginning of 2018 (that is, he would have to stay in the Majors) until he reaches a total of 90 days between 2017 and 2018 on the active roster.

Not to say that this is a likely outcome, but just for accuracy sake, I thought I should point this out.

I think Drake is as good as gone...Tavarez seems like a wash at this point as well...with Smith and Kim on the roster I just don't know how many part time left handed out fielders this roster can fit. 

Alvarez seems like a safe bet to clear waivers so I could see them making that move.

19 minutes ago, oriole said:

I think Drake is as good as gone...Tavarez seems like a wash at this point as well...with Smith and Kim on the roster I just don't know how many part time left handed out fielders this roster can fit. 

Alvarez seems like a safe bet to clear waivers so I could see them making that move.

I agree with you on Tavarez but we are in the minority. His speed is a big plus, his d is not plus though.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Good guess, if they can get away with holding Santander back that long.   That's pretty much what they did with Michael Almanzar -- he started his rehab assignment on June 20 and we offered him back to the Red Sox on July 1.

9 minutes ago, weams said:

You were right on Drake.

As I posted in the Drake thread...

Yeah-Roch (great guy) tried to create some suspense in his most recent blog post but must of us knew Drake was nothing special. I am a Drake fan, but after such a bad ST performance, nobody was going to claim him. He isn't a long guy, so a backend guy with an 8+ ERA ain't cutting it...

Glad we could keep him for depth, but wouldn't be shocked to see him traded. It's going to be hard to earn his spot back on the 40 man.

11 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Are we currently at 39? 39 + Asher - Drake?

Dariel Alvarez is definitely coming off at some point...you gotta think

with Tavarez and Drake off, I think 38? Gentry needs to be added...more signings coming (minor league and major league probably).

2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Dariel Alvarez is definitely coming off at some point...you gotta think

with Tavarez and Drake off, I think 38? Gentry needs to be added...more signings coming (minor league and major league probably).

Thanks.  So we are currently at 38.  Forgot to exclude Tavarez.

Archived