Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

They must not be entertaining offers or asking too much, Brach is a piece that can be moved.  

The White Sox f-ed up when they traded Kahnle with Robertson.  They could have made Khanle the closer and then traded him in the off season or a year from now for top good closer value.

The Orioles have been correctly asking for a good haul for Brach from what we have heard.  If they trade Britton and can give Brach the rest of the season as closer, they can get more value.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I get walking away from bad offers on Britton.  Part of a GM's job is creating interest in assets he wants to move.  Did DD create interest in Brach, Smith or Castillo?  Did we get low ball offers on every single one of our marketable assets?

Could be he got no offers for some of them.   Lucroy is better than Castillo and he didn't net much of a return.   Smith is kind of a dime a dozen kind of player who probably doesn't start for a contender anyway.

1 minute ago, VeveJones007 said:

What incentive does DD have to try and make this roster better for 2019-->? 

Two big incentives. He's a professional who, based on everything I know, is trying to do what's best for the franchise, though he's trying to that while carrying a large, cadaverous weight on his back. Two, I think he'd like to maintain and enhance his reputation, and maybe get another job after this one.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Sorry.  Was looking on latest and saw it under kenn_rosenthal.  

No, you just made it up for whatever reason. You are on vacation until the end of the week. Knowingly putting out false information is against our ToS.

Archived