Santander

OriolesMagic83

51 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

I am not bashful about my enthusiasm, life's too short for too much rational consideration in sports. If Santander is a better player than Hays then we are in a pretty nice spot. Big if but obviously within the realm of possibility.

I think - and I'm no scout - that he projects as a Luke Scott in his hey-day (which was only a couple years, sadly) type of outfielder. Big left-handed power, won't embarrass in LF. I think he's got more upside than Luke did, but yeah. 

Edited by interloper

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think - and I'm no scout - that he projects as a Luke Scott in his hey-day (which was only a couple years, sadly) type of outfielder. Big left-handed power, won't embarrass in LF. I think he's got more upside than Luke did, but yeah. 

He's put up some good numbers batting right-handed too

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

I forgot that he was a switch-hitter. See? Definitely not a scout. 

John Sickels listed him as the O's No. 5 prospect entering the year, even with his uncertain health status. Thinks the power will absolute stick, and sees him as a classic right fielder.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Switch hitter with power from both sides, but seems better from the left for now. Has a good and accurate arm in the outfield. Isn't a speedster, just a hulking, powerful corner outfielder.

Which is something I don't mind having more of, as long as they aren't Trumbo-level bad at defense. Luke Scott defense? Sign me up 100% if the guy is hitting and can throw. 

Just now, interloper said:

Which is something I don't mind having more of, as long as they aren't Trumbo-level bad at defense. Luke Scott defense? Sign me up 100% if the guy is hitting and can throw. 

He's no defensive whiz, but he can actually play the outfield, yes. I'm glad the O's have managed to finagle things to keep him around. Could be a sneaky good get.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

On August 18th, put Hardy on the roster, cut Tejada. Throw Santander on, cut Gentry.

Tejada and Gentry are literally spare pieces. 

I'd rather cut Flaherty and find a way to keep Tejada as our utility player.  He can actually hit.  Flats just closes his eyes, swings hard, and hopes to connect.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

On August 18th, put Hardy on the roster, cut Tejada. Throw Santander on, cut Gentry.

Tejada and Gentry are literally spare pieces. 

Agreed.  No need for Tejada now that they've acquired Beckham.

• Upvote 1