Austin Hays

weams

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Only 102 on the HR.....

I didn't mean he's going to hit everything harder than Rickard, I just meant it was telling that the other RH outfielder getting abs over Hays from time to time hasn't hit a ball in 250 ABs as hard as Hays hit one in his first 10.  I also wasn't implying 106 was particularly impressive, I'm confident that we'll see 110+ from Hays before the season is out if he gets opportunities.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I didn't mean he's going to hit everything harder than Rickard, I just meant it was telling that the other RH outfielder getting abs over Hays from time to time hasn't hit a ball in 250 ABs as hard as Hays hit one in his first 10.  I also wasn't implying 106 was particularly impressive, I'm confident that we'll see 110+ from Hays before the season is out if he gets opportunities.

No worries. It was my typical sarcasm.  

On 9/5/2017 at 7:45 PM, NashLumber said:

I, for one, can't wait to see the headline or Tweet:

Austin Powers O's Past Yanks 

(or whomever it would happen to be when it occurs).

Shagadelic!

Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers-1-.jpg

Dang, I hate I wasn't online when his HR occurred. I missed the 9th as I was on my way to a house concert. I was only half right. The predicted headline turned out to be:

Austin Powers One to Right vs. Yanks

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

He's had enough for me to know he's better than Trumbo. I know, low bar. But he's agile, fields well (error notwithstanding) and runs well.

It's just a matter of whether he's ready to hit at the major league level.    There's probably 300 minor league outfielders who can defend RF better than Trumbo.   But they have to hit major league pitching.   In that regard, I was glad to see Hays get his bat going this weekend.  

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It's just a matter of whether he's ready to hit at the major league level.    There's probably 300 minor league outfielders who can defend RF better than Trumbo.   But they have to hit major league pitching.   In that regard, I was glad to see Hays get his bat going this weekend.  

That's why he should be playing RF every game down the stretch. Then he gets a full ST. That'll be enough to see if he's ready. Hays, Sisco and Mancini should all be working with Brady this offseason.  

I'm going to say he's the OD RF next year.