2019 Payroll and Roster

Bahama O's Fan

Chris Davis makes up about 40% of our 2019 payroll right now by himself.  That's only looking at the 2019 contracts that are currently set.   Schoop and Gausman will also be getting some decent money in arbitration.

So far we have $53M committed to Davis, Trumbo, O'Day, and Cashner.  Some arbitration raises for Schoop, Gausman, Beckham.............then the rest will basically be people not making any money.

Let's call this an 'opportunity for new resource allocation.'

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Chris Davis makes up about 40% of our 2019 payroll right now by himself.  That's only looking at the 2019 contracts that are currently set.   Schoop and Gausman will also be getting some decent money in arbitration.

So far we have $53M committed to Davis, Trumbo, O'Day, and Cashner.  Some arbitration raises for Schoop, Gausman, Beckham.............then the rest will basically be people not making any money.

Let's call this an 'opportunity for new resource allocation.'

$53M committed  (wasted on) Davis, Trumbo, O'Day, and Cashner

Sad to tie up payroll on guys that are below replacement level

9 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Bundy will go through his first round of arbitration next year, right?

According to Cot's yes.  He will be arbitration eligible next year for the first time and we will lose his exclusive rights after the 2021 season.   We need to take a hard look at extending our homegrown guys very soon if we ever intend to keep............any of them.  It's obviously too late for Manny now and I wonder if it's not already too late for Schoop (FA after 2019).

Gausman can leave after 2020.

22 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I like it. You hid the face that I was about to look at an excel spreadsheet from me. 2019 is looking wide open.

Bundy, Gausman, Harvey, Cashner, Cortes/Akin

Givens, Scott, O’day, Castro, Bleier, Wright, Long

1. Hays RF R

2. Sisco C L

3. Schoop 2B R

4. Mancini LF R

5. Davis 1B L

6. Trumbo DH L

7.  Beckham SS R

8.  3B ???????

9.  Mullins CF S

backup C: Wynns/Joseph 

IF: ???????

OF: Rickard

OF: ???????

These guys have to stick because there isn’t much behind them in the farm. 

54 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like it. You hid the face that I was about to look at an excel spreadsheet from me. 2019 is looking wide open.

1. Hays RF R

2. Sisco C L

3. Schoop 2B R

4. Mancini LF R

5. Davis 1B L

6. Trumbo DH L

7.  Beckham SS R

8.  3B ???????

9.  Mullins CF S

If those guys "stick", it could be interesting, considering we have some money to spend. About 70 million at least right?

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

1. Hays RF R

2. Sisco C L

3. Schoop 2B R

4. Mancini LF R

5. Davis 1B L

6. Trumbo DH L

7.  Beckham SS R

8.  3B ???????

9.  Mullins CF S

Mountcastle will be your 2019 3rd baseman IMO, unless his arm is really THAT bad. 

10 minutes ago, esmd said:

Mountcastle will be your 2019 3rd baseman IMO, unless his arm is really THAT bad. 

What evidence is there that his arm isn't that bad?    Pretty much every objective observer has noted how weak his arm is, and this spring has done nothing to suggest otherwise.    

To me, he’s going to end up on the right side of the infield, or at LF/DH.     

Archived