Winds of Change?

Greg Pappas

What would you like to see in the near future of MLB?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see in the near future of MLB?

• Keep things exactly as the are… no change.
    • The only change I’d like to see is the NL adopting the DH
    • The only change I’d like to see is the AL dropping the DH
    • Add two more teams to the league, make it 16/16… no other changes
    • Add two more teams to the league, make it 16/16… and have the NL adopt the DH
    • Add two more teams to the league, make it 16/16… and have the AL drop the DH
    • Have a 15/15 split, and have 1 interleague game filling out the schedule… no other changes
    • Have a 15/15 split, and have 1 interleague game filling out the schedule… NL adopt the DH
    • Have a 15/15 split, and have 1 interleague game filling out the schedule… AL drop the DH

Bel Air and Catonsville.

Ok, seriously...

I bet there are a few cities that would work for a baseball team. Charlotte, San Antonio, Portland, Las Vegas, Hartford (for the whole region, to take fans from New York and Boston) or northern New Jersey, and Norfolk.

I wouldn't put teams in ALL of those cities, and some would definitely be small-market, but they would all be options.

Mexico City

San Juan

...or similar

Yeah, I imagine that a team in Mexico or PR would get a fanatical following. I like the idea. Toronto made it, why not these two? I feel confident that MLB wouldn't allow both, but one or the other is a good option it seems.

Good post.

Bel Air and Catonsville.

Ok, seriously...

I bet there are a few cities that would work for a baseball team. Charlotte, San Antonio, Portland, Las Vegas, Hartford (for the whole region, to take fans from New York and Boston) or northern New Jersey, and Norfolk.

I wouldn't put teams in ALL of those cities, and some would definitely be small-market, but they would all be options.

I think all those cities would get serious looks... Portland and Charlotte would possibly be among the early favorites, eh?

For the 2 extra teams I'd say Portland and Northern New Jersey.

Redo divisions. Balanced schedule.

AL North/East : Boston, NYY, NJ, Toronto

AL West: Portland, Seattle, Oakland, LAA

AL South: Tampa, Texas, Baltimore, Kansas

AL Central: CWS, Minnesota, Detroit, Cleveland

NL West: LA, Arizona, San Fran, San Diego

NL East: Philly, NYM, Pitt, DC

NL South: Florida, Atlanta, Houston, St. Louis

NL Central: Colorado, Milwaukee, Cubs, Cincinatti

One thing I've always wished would happen is get rid of the whole AL/NL structure and replace it with an East League and West League. A. You get to compete against your former interleague rivals for playoff spots and B. It will reduce the cost of travel.

Archived