Ken Rosenthal’s Orioles article

eddie83

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Post a link.  Post a summary.  Don't post large amounts of the actual article.

Ok. Thanks. I will summarize. 

-Sons are basically running the team. and quickening up decision making. Peter has not even been around regularly at his law office since start of year. 

-Brady is tight with Lou and has more responsibilities. Ran pitcher free agent acquisitions. Dan is losing power and is frustrated.

-Buck wants to stay. Most think manager but perhaps FO. Not as strong clubhouse as he was but will basically have a new team and some players from old teams already left. 

-Some people think sons will increase farm efforts, draft, etc. Peter never trusted anyone to run International side. 

Just now, clapdiddy said:

Well...I'm not paying for it, but the first few paragraphs don't really tell us anything we don't know.   We know the team will be in transition and that they might not contend.

I'd recommend doing the free trial to read it. It's an interesting read.

It seems like the Angelos sons want to rebuild the organization to focus on the farm system, the draft, and international signings - which is exactly what needs to happen. 

1 minute ago, theocean said:

It seems like the Angelos sons want to rebuild the organization to focus on the farm system, the draft, and international signings - which is exactly what needs to happen. 

Thanks for the summary!  :D

And...I agree with you.

3 minutes ago, theocean said:

Since the Cobb signing, it seems obvious a transition is happening. The most interesting details are what happens to Buck and Dan, but they aren't in the free section. 

Just now, jabba72 said:

Since the Cobb signing, it seems obvious a transition is happening. The most interesting details are what happens to Buck and Dan, but they aren't in the free section. 

They may ask Dan to take on a lesser role.  Sounds to me Buck will be back in some capacity.  

19 minutes ago, theocean said:

Encouraging--if true.  I'd like to see Buck back in some capacity.  DD can go pound sand.

55 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Ok. Thanks. I will summarize. 

-Sons are basically running the team.Jury is still out... and quickening up decision making.GOOD thing! Peter has not even been around regularly at his law office since start of year. GREAT THING!!!!!

-Brady is tight with Lou and has more responsibilities.Jury still out. Ran pitcher free agent acquisitions.Jury still out. Dan is losing power and is frustrated.I like Dan... but I'm open to a new era.

-Buck wants to stay.DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Most think manager but perhaps FO.Manager! Not as strong clubhouse as he was but will basically have a new team and some players from old teams already left.I like this. Younger players, some new blood vets, pickups next offseason, will (can) be Buck's clubhouse again.

-Some people think sons will increase farm efforts, draft, etc. Peter never trusted anyone to run International side. ANY movement from the old way is a positive!

Thanks for the summary. My comments above in red.

Archived