June 25th @ Northsiders

McNulty

Well one thing - if we do lose - is that despite our starter being sick and our new starter going only 1/3 of an inning, we've only used 3 relievers. Not having to pitch the 9th will def help.

So we benefit froma loss?

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reds win!! Cordero gets the save on EIGHT pitches!!! Nice job and I'm glad my guys got a win tonight after last night's shellacking. And it's Volquez on the mound tomorrow which means they have a great shot at the series! WOOT. :clap:

A save in eight pitches? Surely you jest. Such a thing is not possible! Right Mr. Flat Breezy Save Expert? Right? :confused::scratchchinhmm:

Dunno if you heard it, but a while ago Palmer was talking about how Sarfate told him he figured out something about his motion, and Palmer agrees that the thing Sarfate was talking about was right...

No I did not, thanks. Good because if he ever gets in consistently, he can be a real asset.

First off, I'm not writing the team off yet.

But I think what he is saying is that this loss could have been a lot worse. Like we lose the game and gas our entire bullpen. But Sarfate and Bukvich did a good job eating up some innings.

Well it will be the first time I see Wood close. Shd be interesting--he has 4 blown saves.

Of course, he also has a 2.56 ERA, 44 K's to only 8 BB's (in ~38 IP), a .186 BAA, and a miniscule 0.85 WHIP.

Gotta defend my boy. ;)

Now, let's get started by letting me give you a little bit of a scenario of what my life is all about. First off, I am 35 years old, I am divorced, and I live in a van down by the river. Now, you kids are probably saying to yourselves, "Hey, I'm going to go out and get the world by the tail and wrap it around and pull it down and put it in my pocket!" Well, I'm here to tell you that your'e probably going to find out, as you go out there, that you're not going to amount to JACK SQUAT!

God, Santo has to be the worst color guy in sports. I just listened to him on the XM feed from Old Orchard Beach to Augusta

"Yeah"

"We need to get some runs."

And he's also the worst homer I've heard on radio.

He makes Jim Hunter look like Jim Palmer...

I get what he is saying. If you are gonna lose ( which is never good ) at least do it in a way that could potentially improve your chances for tomorow.

Kind a weird way to phrase it, but it makes sense to me. ( never better than winning obviously though )

Now, let's get started by letting me give you a little bit of a scenario of what my life is all about. First off, I am 35 years old, I am divorced, and I live in a van down by the river. Now, you kids are probably saying to yourselves, "Hey, I'm going to go out and get the world by the tail and wrap it around and pull it down and put it in my pocket!" Well, I'm here to tell you that your'e probably going to find out, as you go out there, that you're not going to amount to JACK SQUAT!

Classic SNL skit.

;)

God, Santo has to be the worst color guy in sports. I just listened to him on the XM feed from Old Orchard Beach to Augusta

"Yeah"

"We need to get some runs."

And he's also the worst homer I've heard on radio.

He makes Jim Hunter look like Jim Palmer...

Santo is one of the best and funniest in the business IMO. He brings a different approach, one which I like personally. He is very funnny

A save in eight pitches? Surely you jest. Such a thing is not possible! Right Mr. Flat Breezy Save Expert? Right? :confused::scratchchinhmm:

I am extremely thankful Cordero decided to get things over with quickly! I didn't really want to have heart failure like I nearly did last night, LOL ;)

No - we benefit that we lost essentially 2 starters in one night and only needed to use 3 relievers. I'm talking in terms of preserving the pen.

Trust me I'd rather use every reliever and win. But this game was a disaster from the beginning. I'm honestly surprised we're still within 3. But the fact that we've only had to use 3 relievers (2 of which are Cormier and Bukvich) is very helpful.

Archived