Buck's Winning Record As O's Manager Could Be In Jeopardy

mdbdotcom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Buck's record as O's manager is 34 games over .500. If the team continues to play as it has for the first third of the season, his record as O's manager will fall to 6 games below .500.

Never saw that coming.

And the Orioles chopped off 34 of those since September.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Thought about this earlier this year.  Kind of a bummer.  I know Buck bashing is the in thing to do now, but I'd hate to see him finish with a losing record for his tenure here.

Why?  I don't think Buck will get another managerial job.  The game has passed him by.  First Full year last place finish.  Last two years last place.  That will lead to a losing record overall.

23 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I don't see him finishing the year out. He'll be gone by September.

I don't really see that.  There's no reason to fire him, this team is last place with or without him.

Nothing really matters.  Anyone can see.  Nothing really matters...to me.

Just now, atomic said:

Why?  I don't think Buck will get another managerial job.  The game has passed him by.  First Full year last place finish.  Last two years last place.  That will lead to a losing record overall.

The game has passed him by in the span of a year and a half?  Or he's just got a terribly constructed roster?

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't really see that.  There's no reason to fire him, this team is last place with or without him.

Oh yeah Freddie!  Any way the wind blows....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSuPU78EXoL9fEVu4QnGh

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Buck's record as O's manager is 34 games over .500. If the team continues to play as it has for the first third of the season, his record as O's manager will fall to 6 games below .500.

Never saw that coming.

Might he take some time to "be with family" for a week so he doesn't set the record?  John Russell wouldn't care a lick and would "take one for the team".

Terry Francona had a 0.742 winning percentage and erased demons with the Red Sox....and still got canned.  Getting fired as a manager is just a thang.  Plus it all evens out.  Even with his success with the Indians Francona still has a tossup career winning percentage. Those Phillies years were dark.

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Why not try and see.  Truthfully on any other team Buck would have been fired after Jiminez playoff fiasco.  There is also putting him out of his misery.  

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The game has passed him by in the span of a year and a half?  Or he's just got a terribly constructed roster?

The game has passed him by and that's why he constructed such a terrible roster, with Davis, Trumbo, O'Day, etc. 

Archived