Does anybody REALLY care any more?

spiritof66

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously we all care enough to still post here and talk about them. No I care if they win or lose anymore? That's a straight No. I'll be more interested when we trade some guys and start playing some young players.

If they trade guys and I'm still seeing guys like Rickard, Gentry, and Valencia getting regular AB, I'll probably just continue to fill my time with things non-Orioles.

5 hours ago, allquixotic said:

I turned the game off about 10 minutes after turning it on. It was clear they would lose in about the third inning. No, I don't care. At all.

I haven't watched a full game since the Yankee series in April. I turned it on last Night, and after watching it for about 5 minutes, I regretted it. They could literally swap this offense with Bowie or Norfolk, and have a better chance scoring runs. I've never seen a major league offense this bad.

The pitching overall is giving them a chance most nights. If they could have had this pitching last year.

It says it all that this thread exists. 

It may be due to the fact that I am simply busier than years ago but I honestly can’t even work up any anger at this point. I was angry back in 2010. When Brach blew the game last week I was like, oh well.

This team from a position player standpoint is pretty unwatchable. Then you add in my frustration with ownership and lack of direction. My anger isn’t whether we lose a game or not, it is directed right at the franchise itself.   

I was having a conversation with someone last weekend and they said how their father was asking about me and how upset I was over the team. The sad thing is and they knew this, I am not.  

When die hard fans of a team feel disengaged that is something that the franchise should be very worried about.  

27 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Obviously we all care enough to still post here and talk about them. 

What we care about is the Baltimore Orioles. Not so much this group of players whose hearts don't really seem in it. I've been a fan since I was a little kid in the 60's. Saw Brooks Robinson leap into the air when we won in '66 live and in real time. Lived through the Orioles dynasty years when we were the model franchise and the envy of other cities.

Things changed when Angelos bought the team. Not at first though. We had a couple good years but then things turned sour fast. We had the best announcer ever... Jon Miller... and we had Davey Johnson and then they were gone. That was the beginning of the bad times. At the same time the NFL was back in Baltimore and I became a diehard Ravens fan. As the losing seasons piled up for the Orioles, it became harder to be a fan but I stuck with them. Angelos does not make it easy to be a fan of this team.

Fast forward to the Chris Davis contract. Yes, he had a couple of good years but the way that deal went down made little sense. I knew he wanted big money and figured once we signed Trumbo, Davis was gone. Instead we outbid ourselves and gave him the key to the city and 161 million dollars. What we needed was pitching. Top line pitching. Not a Trumbo twin.

As far as this years team, I don't have words. As far as this team's future and it's ability to do a proper rebuild, I have my doubts. But, I'm an Orioles fan and they're our team so let's all hope for the best.

While I was making dinner I flipped on the TV and it was tuned to MASN... so naturally the game was on. The following conversation occurred:

Me to my wife: "How do you think they'll **** this up? I'm going to say a strikeout and then a double play."

Wife: "I don't really care."

Me: "You know what? I don't either."

I then turned on the Simpsons episode where Homer gains 61 pounds so that he can go on disability and work from home. Pretty great episode, especially where he's sitting on the sofa watching TV trying to type on his desktop computer with a broomstick. Best decision I made all night. In hindsight, I think they actually K'd three consecutive times to blow that situation, but I can't confirm that 100%.

I would rather watch pretty much anything at this point rather than Orioles baseball. That statement contains no hyperbole, no joke, nor any sliver of exaggeration. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

It says it all that this thread exists. 

It may be due to the fact that I am simply busier than years ago but I honestly can’t even work up any anger at this point. I was angry back in 2010. When Brach blew the game last week I was like, oh well.

This team from a position player standpoint is pretty unwatchable. Then you add in my frustration with ownership and lack of direction. My anger isn’t whether we lose a game or not, it is directed right at the franchise itself.   

I was having a conversation with someone last weekend and they said how their father was asking about me and how upset I was over the team. The sad thing is and they knew this, I am not.  

When die hard fans of a team feel disengaged that is something that the franchise should be very worried about.  

I think the fact that no one related to the team cares  is leading the apathy among us fans.

The team isn't even attempting changes.  Any other team people would be fired.  Players would be let go.  Where is ownership?  You would expect ownership would say something.  We don't even know who is in charge of the team if anyone. As they don't DFA anyone I don't know if they are allowed to DFA anyone or make trades.  If Angelos is doing a Howard Hughes impersonation the Commissioner needs to step in.  

If Machado, Jones, Britton and Brach all don't get traded what will happen to the fans then?

Look guys if you haven't already noticed (or are in denial) we have one of the worst ownership groups in all of sports. They don't get it. And yes, they have alienated the fan base. Do they care? Do they understand? Those are the real questions.

1 hour ago, gtman55 said:

What we care about is the Baltimore Orioles. Not so much this group of players whose hearts don't really seem in it. I've been a fan since I was a little kid in the 60's. Saw Brooks Robinson leap into the air when we won in '66 live and in real time. Lived through the Orioles dynasty years when we were the model franchise and the envy of other cities.

Things changed when Angelos bought the team. Not at first though. We had a couple good years but then things turned sour fast. We had the best announcer ever... Jon Miller... and we had Davey Johnson and then they were gone. That was the beginning of the bad times. At the same time the NFL was back in Baltimore and I became a diehard Ravens fan. As the losing seasons piled up for the Orioles, it became harder to be a fan but I stuck with them. Angelos does not make it easy to be a fan of this team.

Fast forward to the Chris Davis contract. Yes, he had a couple of good years but the way that deal went down made little sense. I knew he wanted big money and figured once we signed Trumbo, Davis was gone. Instead we outbid ourselves and gave him the key to the city and 161 million dollars. What we needed was pitching. Top line pitching. Not a Trumbo twin.

As far as this years team, I don't have words. As far as this team's future and it's ability to do a proper rebuild, I have my doubts. But, I'm an Orioles fan and they're our team so let's all hope for the best.

I meant the Orioles. Obviously, we've all had enough of this current group of players.

The Orioles will never sign the top of the rotation type starters even if the likes of Davis and Trumbo aren't signed. That's been painfully obvious since Mussina was allowed to walk away.

This team will not change until Peter Angelos is out of the picture.  And even then we have to hope his sons see things differently than their dad. Hopefully, they are like Hank and Hal Steinbrenner. Allow their baseball people to do their jobs...well after they hire competent baseball people.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

While I was making dinner I flipped on the TV and it was tuned to MASN... so naturally the game was on. The following conversation occurred:

Me to my wife: "How do you think they'll **** this up? I'm going to say a strikeout and then a double play."

Wife: "I don't really care."

Me: "You know what? I don't either."

I then turned on the Simpsons episode where Homer gains 61 pounds so that he can go on disability and work from home. Pretty great episode, especially where he's sitting on the sofa watching TV trying to type on his desktop computer with a broomstick. Best decision I made all night. In hindsight, I think they actually K'd three consecutive times to blow that situation, but I can't confirm that 100%.

I would rather watch pretty much anything at this point rather than Orioles baseball. That statement contains no hyperbole, no joke, nor any sliver of exaggeration. 

Best episode of the Simpson's ever lol

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think the fact that no one related to the team cares  is leading the apathy among us fans.

The team isn't even attempting changes.  Any other team people would be fired.  Players would be let go.  Where is ownership?  You would expect ownership would say something.  We don't even know who is in charge of the team if anyone. As they don't DFA anyone I don't know if they are allowed to DFA anyone or make trades.  If Angelos is doing a Howard Hughes impersonation the Commissioner needs to step in.  

If Machado, Jones, Britton and Brach all don't get traded what will happen to the fans then?

THIS.  I can't stand how slow this organization is and I can't stand how nobody is ever held accountable for poor performance.  And as much as the players are making me angry with their ridiculous underachievement, it is the management and ownership who really take it over the top.  I wish I had the ability to make change.  The very first people I would fire and release are the people that won't ever fire or release anybody. 

13 minutes ago, atomic said:

Buck says he has an idea when Rasmus will be back in the majors. Sometime within a week.You say they are not making changes.You see this major change coming and say not attempting changes. I disagree greatly with your premise.

Archived