Tip of the cap to former O's catcher Bob Melvin

ChipTait

Bob just moved into a tie for the 3rd most victories as the manager of the Oakland A's with 600. I imagine he will eclipse Art Howe within the next day or two.

Bob is two decent seasons away from overtaking Tony LaRussa for second place, and 30 amazing seasons from eclipsing Connie Mack as king of the universe!

I'm sure Bob credits all of his success to being part of the 1989 "Why Not?" Orioles, who went from worst to damn-near-first, succumbing to the Blue Jays at the end of the year.  Ironically, the A's bested the Jays tonight for Bob's 600th!

Three cheers to our former back-up catcher!

8 hours ago, ChipTait said:

Bob just moved into a tie for the 3rd most victories as the manager of the Oakland A's with 600. I imagine he will eclipse Art Howe within the next day or two.

Bob is two decent seasons away from overtaking Tony LaRussa for second place, and 30 amazing seasons from eclipsing Connie Mack as king of the universe!

I'm sure Bob credits all of his success to being part of the 1989 "Why Not?" Orioles, who went from worst to damn-near-first, succumbing to the Blue Jays at the end of the year.  Ironically, the A's bested the Jays tonight for Bob's 600th!

Three cheers to our former back-up catcher!

Congrats is while.

Just one of the many backup mlb catcher that went on to manage in the bigs, with some success.

Archived