Cedric Mullins not in the lineup...

Flacco Machado

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

They wanted to rest his hip. It probably isn't THAT bad, but they would rather get him in a game for an inning or 2 than for all 9 to lessen the impact on him/the hip.

Probably plays all game tomorrow, since Thursday is an off day.

I just think it is odd the manager mentions health being an issue why he is out,  but then he goes into a blowout game, even only for one inning. 

If they wanted to rest Jones, Peterson was available. 

Not trying to make a big deal out it.  

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Mullins needs to take Brady's conditioning class.  He is very muscular but he  needs to figure out how to avoid  injuries.

What is the magic potion Brady has in his classes that allow ball players to avoid inj.......Ohhhhhhh

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I just think it is odd the manager mentions health being an issue why he is out,  but then he goes into a blowout game, even only for one inning. 

If they wanted to rest Jones, Peterson was available. 

Not trying to make a big deal out it.  

Buck making his point that there is another reason why Mullins didn't start yesterday. He also seems to like to throttle back on any rookie's sense that it's easier than expected in the big leagues.

29 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Buck making his point that there is another reason why Mullins didn't start yesterday. He also seems to like to throttle back on any rookie's sense that it's easier than expected in the big leagues.

Yeah, sit him while he's hot.  Of course Davis is in the middle of a torrid stretch, but can't quite get his OPS to .600 and plays every day.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah, sit him while he's hot.  Of course Davis is in the middle of a torrid stretch, but can't quite get his OPS to .600 and plays every day.

Like it or not, Davis is a part of this team for at least the next couple years and probably all 4.  So while I may agree with your logic, we all might as well treat him like he's one of the young guys gaining experience, because he's not going anywhere.  

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The guy was hurt.   Buck kept him out an extra day as a precaution, then used him for defense late.    Simple as that.    I don’t know why everything has to be drama around here.   

42 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I guess he is still hurt. Not in lineup today.

As Buck pretty clearly implied, it's also because Mullins would be batting right-handed today against another lefty.

If it were because Mullins were injured he wouldn't have gone in as a defensive replacement last night.

I also think Buck would like to see what he has in Andreoli, who made good contact last night despite being one of only two batters in the lineup who went hitless.

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

As Buck pretty clearly implied, it's also because Mullins would be batting right-handed today against another lefty.

If it were because Mullins were injured he wouldn't have gone in as a defensive replacement last night.

I also think he would like to see what he has in Andreoli, who made good contact last night despite being one of only two batters in the lineup who went hitless.

So I guess he is Cedric the Entertainer but only against righties.

Archived