House released! (Headed To Boston?)

Frobby

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you really want to DFA Millar, Gibbons, or Huff to make room for House. I would rather have House than Gibbons but the money thing is too much. Crunch the numbers of all those guys and tell me who is more likely to be productive. I doubt that House will be above any of them. He has great MiL numbers but so do they and they also have good ML numbers. If House could catch adequately he would be a usefull part of this team. Who can demonstrate that he can? If we could get rid of Gibbons contract then there would be room for House as RH bat for DH. But we can't. He is not competing with Bynum or Fahey because he can't play their positions in the field.

Do you really want to DFA Millar, Gibbons, or Huff to make room for House. I would rather have House than Gibbons but the money thing is too much. Crunch the numbers of all those guys and tell me who is more likely to be productive. I doubt that House will be above any of them. He has great MiL numbers but so do they and they also have good ML numbers. If House could catch adequately he would be a usefull part of this team. Who can demonstrate that he can? If we could get rid of Gibbons contract then there would be room for House as RH bat for DH. But we can't. He is not competing with Bynum or Fahey because he can't play their positions in the field.

Again, we don't need Bynum, Gomez, and Fahey, only 2 is needed, especially when we have Huff who can play 3rd and Mora who can play SS. So yes, he and Knott are competing with Bynum and Fahey.

The question is what would Trembley rather have?

Do we know what, if any, influence Trembley has had on roster management to date.

MacPhail did state that he would “work closely” with the manager on constructing the roster.

I don’t know if Trembley was just spouting the “company line” when he referred to Fahey, when he was called up, as the type of player the O’s want and need.

Do we know what, if any, influence Trembley has had on roster management to date.

MacPhail did state that he would “work closely” with the manager on constructing the roster.

I don’t know if Trembley was just spouting the “company line” when he referred to Fahey, when he was called up, as the type of player the O’s want and need.

I'm assuming he isn't told whom to put in the lineup night in and night out. Since he's been recalled Fahey is whom he is choosing to put in the lineup more often than not.

I'm assuming he isn't told whom to put in the lineup night in and night out. Since he's been recalled Fahey is whom he is choosing to put in the lineup more often than not.

Not on making out the starting lineup

How many teams in baseball have a Terry Crowley type, (pinch hitters) sitting on the bench? I get frustrated as well with LHRP's facing our lefties late in games but unless you have a 27 man roster that is how the game is played now.

Well, I actually would play him against lefties and even some righties.

Millar and Huff split time at DH and 1b.

Huff giving Mora occasional rest at 3b.

Payton and Patterson splitting time in CF

Gibbons and Payton split time in LF

Payton and Gibbons giving Markakis an occasional rest in RF

House comes off the bench, and plays occasionally for Huff at DH and 1b, and plays DH when Huff moves to 3rd. Hell, I would let him catch once in a while.

What you also need to ask yourself is, what do you want? We basically had a designated pinch runner for most of the year. And now we have what is the one of the worst AAA players playing for our MLB club so we can get his glove in the field despite having Gomez and Bynum already on the roster. We also have the third worst hitting catcher in the game with over 100 ABs. So yeah, I would take House's hitting skills over the garbage we have had on the bench for most of the year. It makes little sense not too.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but don't you need more than mere numbers to come to a conclusion like that? He's a very good hitter in your eyes, but unless you've seen him play on a consistent basis, it's hard to make that determination. At least in my opinion.

And I'll stick by the prediction that I offered at the time that the O's signed him:

If he's given an opportunity to play consistently in the majors, he'll hit over .300 with an OPS near .900

Again, we don't need Bynum, Gomez, and Fahey, only 2 is needed, especially when we have Huff who can play 3rd and Mora who can play SS. So yes, he and Knott are competing with Bynum and Fahey.
Mora can play SS in your dreams, as can Huff play 3B.

Mora can play SS in your dreams, as can Huff play 3B.

They certainly could play adequately for a game or two, until it took a replacement to arrive from AAA.

And even if House hardly ever started, wouldn't it be nice to have someone be able to come off the bench in the late innings who could actually hit?

Well, I actually would play him against lefties and even some righties.

Millar and Huff split time at DH and 1b.

Huff giving Mora occasional rest at 3b.

Payton and Patterson splitting time in CF

Gibbons and Payton split time in LF

Payton and Gibbons giving Markakis an occasional rest in RF

House comes off the bench, and plays occasionally for Huff at DH and 1b, and plays DH when Huff moves to 3rd. Hell, I would let him catch once in a while.

What you also need to ask yourself is, what do you want? We basically had a designated pinch runner for most of the year. And now we have what is the one of the worst AAA players playing for our MLB club so we can get his glove in the field despite having Gomez and Bynum already on the roster. We also have the third worst hitting catcher in the game with over 100 ABs. So yeah, I would take House's hitting skills over the garbage we have had on the bench for most of the year. It makes little sense not too.

You must know something that Trembley doesn't. With Mora out, Huff has not played 3rd. Trembley obviously thinks Gomez is much better at third than Huff.

That means Huff is the full time DH and Millar is the 1B. Gibbons is backing up DH and leftfield.

It comes down to Bynum as a pinch runner and utility guy versus House as a PH and backup DH. Bynum has actually proved to be a major leaguer. House appears to have had little chance on the O's roster because the O's have too many DH's already.

I will miss House. I checked how he did at AAA almost every day. He's shown some ability to hit. However him opting out is in his best interest. I can't fault him or the O's on him not being in the O's organization any more.

I wish him luck were ever he lands.

Am I missing something here? Ladies and Gentleman, JR House was a 27 year old minor leaguer. If he was the next coming of Albert Pujols, I can assure you... he would've been on a team. Let's take a look at the team he was at prior to the Orioles, wasn't it the Pirates. He wasn't retained by the Pirates for god sakes. Why is being made out to be the second coming of Jesus here. He's terrible defensively, he's great against minor league pitching. We're talking about situational hitters and an occasional DH here. If we're asking ourselves who we'd rather see, Huff or House, I'd take Huff in a second. Let him go to Boston, nothing is going to happen with him. Perhaps we've forgotten that at age 27 he's played in 10 major league games (or something small like that). If he's really gold, why wasn't he up? There is something more to JR House than meets the eye...

Am I missing something here? Ladies and Gentleman, JR House was a 27 year old minor leaguer. If he was the next coming of Albert Pujols, I can assure you... he would've been on a team.

Which no one is saying. No one is making House out to be a savior or superstar.

What he is, in fact, is a very flawed player who does one thing very well. It just so happens that that one thing is, or at least should be, a very valuable commodity to this team.

To other teams with different personnel, J.R. House would be worthless. To this team with this personnel, he should have significant value.

Archived