Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

So, with this data, it seems to me the only hope is for Davis to reinvent his swing with the hope that he can get to balls faster. Otherwise, he's almost certainly completely finished as a baseball player. 

But of course, no one ever tries to reinvent themselves. Not sure why that is. Could potentially save his career. 

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

So, with this data, it seems to me the only hope is for Davis to reinvent his swing with the hope that he can get to balls faster. Otherwise, he's almost certainly completely finished as a baseball player. 

But of course, no one ever tries to reinvent themselves. Not sure why that is. Could potentially save his career. 

He seems pretty similar player to Mark Reynolds.  And Mark had  0.9 WAR last season at age 33.  I think if Chris could put up 1 WAR this season we would be overjoyed.  

4 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

I'll forever be befuddled that 1: many (at least some that will still admit) that they are surprised at how bad he is , and 2: that the O's offered this contract simply because:

1. He hit .196 in 2014

2. He had ADHD issues and used a stimulant to control those while also being addicted to chewing tobacco, how did that not raise red flags with the medical department, or do they just screen pitchers?

Exactly, and clearly he is not right mentally or physiologically. The issue is not a physical one, but internal. Whoever is responsible for this contract should not be employed next year.

53 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The way I see it is that Davis already looked dumb on the bunt. Now he should be over that initial feeling. Start dropping them down. 

o

And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on you moving.
And if they shout, don't let it change a thing that you're doing.

Rod Argent and Chris White, 1972

o

1 hour ago, pastorfan said:

Exactly, and clearly he is not right mentally or physiologically. The issue is not a physical one, but internal. Whoever is responsible for this contract should not be employed next year.

Can Peter fire himself?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1