Yusniel Diaz is very impressive

wildcard

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I have no problem waiting until May for Diaz to come up if it means another year of team control.  It’s not like it is going to impact the Orioles playoff chances.

This is assuming that Diaz is ready for the big show. 

This.  And (hopefully) when they are a contender in a few years, you get Diaz for another year before he hits FA.  For a month of this season.  No brainer IMO.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Billy sounds like a good and cool guy. Listening to him as MLB reporter during MASN spots and 105.7 shows.

They always said the oldest brother was the best player among them.

Always wondered how he would have been, if he had played ball.

That sounds like one of those things that people just say, but almost can't be true.  Fred Ripken might have been way better than Cal when he was 8 and Cal was 5, but if you take the Fred was Better thing literally then you have to assume he was freaking Honus Wagner.  No, I'm not doing any such thing.

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

That sounds like one of those things that people just say, but almost can't be true.  Fred Ripken might have been way better than Cal when he was 8 and Cal was 5, but if you take the Fred was Better thing literally then you have to assume he was freaking Honus Wagner.  No, I'm not doing any such thing.

Urban Legend, I get it.

We will never ever know.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I have no problem waiting until May for Diaz to come up if it means another year of team control.  It’s not like it is going to impact the Orioles playoff chances.

This is assuming that Diaz is ready for the big show. 

Here's where I'll jump in with my May 2020 notion.  I think he'll need to be near AAA MVP to threaten a summer call-up, and think there's more potential he'll be like Vlad last year around Labor Day than he'll be a June-ish Super Two call-up.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So DD got this guy and a AA SP that led the milb in K’s?  That’s a good haul. Diaz has been a doubles machine. 

I think DD did very well on the dodgers trade. And even the Brewers trade. He did OK on Yankees trade.

He completely screwed the pooch on the Gausman trade. I know that was mostly money related but either get more for him at the deadline or hang onto him and trade him this off season or this deadline. I know they probably didn't want to pay his arbitration salary. And got O'Day off the books in a rebuild. But that one still bothers me. 

Edited by Bubble Buddy

3 minutes ago, Bubble Buddy said:

I think DD did very well on the dodgers trade. Somehow he completely screwed the pooch on the Gausman trade. I know that was mostly money related. But either get more for him at the deadline or hang onto him and trade him this off season or this deadline. 

He was told to dump salary. He could've gotten a lot more in the deal had he not attached O'Day's contract. He accepted a few lottery tickets in exchange for Gausman to offload O'Days $9M in 2019 and whatever was left over the last 2 months last year. 

Edited by WalkWithElias
Typo

2 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

He was told to dump salary. He could've gotten a lot more in the deal had he not attached O'Day's contract. He accepted a few lottery tickets in exchange for Gausman to offload O'Days $9M in 2019 and whatever was left over the last 2 months last year. 

I know it. And I guess I should have mentioned that his hands were probably tied. Because he did do well on all the other trades IMO. That one was such a buzz kill. 

Edited by Bubble Buddy

20 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There were 6 Sutter Brothers who played in the NHL.  There was a 7th brother who didn't play in the NHL who the other brothers say was the best of the bunch.  Gary Sutter turned down an offer to play with a junior hockey team in Canada to stay with his girlfriend whom later broke up with him.  He later won a multi-million dollar lottery drawing later in life. 

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

There were 6 Sutter Brothers who played in the NHL.  There was a 7th brother who didn't play in the NHL who the other brothers say was the best of the bunch.  Gary Sutter turned down an offer to play with a junior hockey team in Canada to stay with his girlfriend whom later broke up with him.  He later won a multi-million dollar lottery drawing later in life. 

I assume that if you cared so little about being a great hockey player that you'd turn down a career to stay with some teenage girl you didn't ever have the makeup, desire,  or drive to be a professional player.  If Fred Ripken wanted to be a motorcycle repairman more than a ballplayer he would have never made it as a ballplayer.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:42 AM, atomic said:

I did and that is racist. I am not sure what more you can say about it.  Apologize and move on and some introspection on your part would be good.  

Please stop making something out to be something it's not. Keep your personal concerns to yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Please stop making something out to be something it's not. Keep your personal concerns to yourself. 

How is this different than talking politics.  He made a comment about players from a certain having better genes.  How am I supposed to not think it is racist.  And my mother being raised in a country that put forth this belief that some countries have superior genes should not concern me at its implications? If I say I think it is racist why am I the  one that is wrong? It bothers me and I find it very disturbing.  Really I am not the one you should be talking to. 

26 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I assume that if you cared so little about being a great hockey player that you'd turn down a career to stay with some teenage girl you didn't ever have the makeup, desire,  or drive to be a professional player.  If Fred Ripken wanted to be a motorcycle repairman more than a ballplayer he would have never made it as a ballplayer.

Well he didn't become a professional hockey player so you are right about that.  I don't think it says anything about his skills as a player though.