Rethinking the OD roster based on the Hays cut

interloper

Just now, Natty said:

All of baseball knows about Mullins weak arm now, and they are running on him. 

Well, so what? Lol. We're gonna be bad this year, a few stolen bases here and there isn't going to change much. Also, he covers serious ground out there so he can make up for it a little bit. 

They haven't played Mullins in RF this spring and only once in LF. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Jon Meoli:

Brandon Hyde said: no one has made the team except Alex Cobb but he looks forward to that time; he feels comfortable with Drew Jackson as fourth OF but not there yet; he will look closely at third time through stats for starters among other things. #Orioles

The next cuts could get interesting. A lot of us, myself included, are assuming a few things but you never know. 

53 minutes ago, Natty said:

All of baseball knows about Mullins weak arm now, and they are running on him. 

That might matter if the O's were trying to win this season......but they are not. Optioning Hays, Diaz and Santander showed that.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That might matter if the O's were trying to win this season......but they are not. Optioning Hays, Diaz and Santander showed that.

I'd much rather watch a weak armed CF who can run balls down than the other way around.

3 hours ago, interloper said:

I think Smith Jr. makes the team despite basically not doing much in ST since being acquired. Simply because 1) he's on the 40-man, 2) the O's sent down a couple other outfielders, 3) he can be optioned once a guy like Hays is ready, 4) he makes for a logical platoon with Rickard, and 5) he can play CF in a pinch. 

I think you make some excellent points, but Young is probably a better player than Smith, wouldn’t he be a better choice?

59 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Jon Meoli:

Brandon Hyde said: no one has made the team except Alex Cobb but he looks forward to that time; he feels comfortable with Drew Jackson as fourth OF but not there yet; he will look closely at third time through stats for starters among other things. #Orioles

Why is Jackson only being considered as fourth outfielder, instead of utility infielder?

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Why is Jackson only being considered as fourth outfielder, instead of utility infielder?

My guess is someone phrased the question like "Drew is getting a lot of time in the outfield... Are you comfortable with him as 4th outfielder?"

22 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So like we are not trying to win this season? Elias already said that service time manipulation had nothing to do with optioning Hays and Santander.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Mullins. Because they will both be playing at the same time anyway. Mullins in CF, Rickard in RF.

Mullins not starting today. LF Smith, RF Jackson, CF Rickard. 

Archived