Rethinking the OD roster based on the Hays cut

interloper

5 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I wonder if Elias is thinking this way even a little bit. Duquette would, but I doubt Elias is.

I think he's looking at the waiver wire only to find a guy that he at least has a chance to get some real future value out of (either trade potential or untapped physical upside). I don't think he cares much to find a platoon RFer to help us get from 50 to 52 wins. 

The RF position is temporary, we have our long term solution in Diaz/Hays. We aren't finding anything more than stop gaps on the waiver wire and we already have plenty of those.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, El Gordo said:

The RF position is temporary, we have our long term solution in Diaz/Hays. We aren't finding anything more than stop gaps on the waiver wire and we already have plenty of those.

Then I doubt he wastes his time.

I think he'll acquire assets that have more future value for this franchise than what is in house, almost regardless of position. That might be consistent with what you're saying, but I really don't think he'll take most waiver claims just to help much this year.

39 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Need  LH OF bat to platoon with Joey in RF. Smith has better splits v RHP.

Excellent point there Sir. Hard to argue with that...and younger....I do like what potential he could bring from teaching others to steal bases. But Villar does as well I guess. p

I would be shocked if we don't grab a couple of guys off waivers given our strong position on the waiver wire line.

34 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Then I doubt he wastes his time.

I think he'll acquire assets that have more future value for this franchise than what is in house, almost regardless of position. That might be consistent with what you're saying, but I really don't think he'll take most waiver claims just to help much this year.

Mo doubt but we are talking about the OD lineup.

Archived