Hunter Harvey 2019

wildcard

7 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I believe DL Hall pitches for Frederick at 1:00 PM

Nice. Anyone else think Hunter’s name should be DL Harvey given is injury history.

If Harvey is dominate, the Orioles shouldn’t worry about starting his clock because it’s probably only a matter of time until Harvey gets hurt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Nice. Anyone else think Hunter’s name should be DL Harvey given is injury history.

If Harvey is dominate, the Orioles shouldn’t worry about starting his clock because it’s probably only a matter of time until Harvey gets hurt. 

I don't see him reaching Baltimore anytime soon.  He struggled in Bowie last year even when he was healthy.  The last minor league level he conquered was Low A.  Never pitched in Frederick. 

I expect him to pitch the entire season in the minors.  Maybe gets a September call-up if he has a good season. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

IL?

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I don't see him reaching Baltimore anytime soon.  He struggled in Bowie last year even when he was healthy.  The last minor league level he conquered was Low A.  Never pitched in Frederick. 

I expect him to pitch the entire season in the minors.  Maybe gets a September call-up if he has a good season. 

I have my doubts on Harvey too, but if he shows he is ready for the show I call him up and don’t waste however many pitches are left in his arm. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Relatively sharp so far — 4 IP, 1 R, 6 H, 1 BB, 6 K’s in a tidy 60 pitches.   3 of the 6 hits were in the 4th inning, so he may be tiring.  

Spoke too soon, he grooved a couple FBs in the 5th and they got hammered. 

But for the most part, he looked good, Adam Pohl said he was hitting 96 regularly on what he considers a slow gun (earlier in the start), flashed a good splitter and a good curveball, the curveball sharper than last year. Fastball command is what's lacking, it's either middle middle or a ball most times. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He benefited from a caught stealing to end the 3rd inning and an outfield assist to end the 4th inning.   

Yeah, practically all the hits were dinks and modestly hit GBs before the 5th though, he was pitching well. Fell apart in the 5th, was getting visibly frustrated at some of the umps calls and also at himself when he missed his spots. 

• Thanks 1