Ryan McKenna 2019

Luke-OH

Good to hear - hope he can hold down center in Baltimore for the next 10 years or so, starting in 2021, I guess. Watching Boston play earlier tonight, it's quite an advantage to have three great outfielders. Maybe Hays and Diaz can round out a good outfield eventually.

7 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

He took a bit to adjust to the league it seems. Hopefully he can finish out the season strong and go to Triple-A next year and adjust a big quicker.

Working on stuff, perhaps.   .633 OPS through 68 games, 1.002 OPS in 28 games since.    Let’s see how the final 40ish games go.    

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Working on stuff, perhaps.   .633 OPS through 68 games, 1.002 OPS in 28 games since.    Let’s see how the final 40ish games go.    

He was a mess when I saw him. Who knows why? It's entirely possible he was just in a slump, or even that he was trying to fundamentally re-work his swing based on some feedback from the new regime. You just don't know. Luke and Tony aren't that down on him yet, so I'll hold out hope too.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

One or both of them see him as a 4th OF.  I wouldn't call that high on him either.

Luckily, I didn't. :)

He wasn't 4th OF quality the day I saw him. That's how lost he was at the plate. It's one day though. In the grand scheme of things, it's 100% meaningless. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

You really think they are going to promote a guy hitting .233?

Elias has been very judicious with promotions.  McKenna will very likely be repeating unless he catches on fire over the last month. 

He was promoted from Delmarva to Frederick with similar numbers. His OPS+ is actually higher than the league average, the Eastern League is a severe pitcher's league.