If Elias doesn't select Rutschman...what would your reaction be?

Moose Milligan

What would your reaction be if Elias doesn't take Rutschman?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What would your reaction be if Elias doesn't take Rutschman?

• Nuclear meltdown.
    • I've been happy with Elias so far, but this is a BIG strike one.
    • I fully trust Elias, Sig, the analytics team and that they made the right choice, even if I don't understand it.
    • Who's Rutschman? (Just kidding)

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't understand this post.

You offer him 500K underslot to go #1 overall.

What are the odds he can do better than that?

Appel went eighth so there was a chance he could improve his draft stock.

As for the Sox or Padres, does he want to drop down until the D-backs have a chance to pick him?  They have less incentive to give him 1-1 slot than the O's do.

You were the one who brought up Padres and White Sox.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway I find the whole you can only be drafted after your junior year thing weird. In the NBA you can be drafted any year and college basketball serves as a minor league for the NBA.  Why does baseball have this rule?  Also if players have already completed 3 years why not just stay in college another year and complete their degree?  Especially true for guys not picked in first round,

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Anyway I find the whole you can only be drafted after your junior year thing weird. In the NBA you can be drafted any year and college basketball serves as a minor league for the NBA.  Why does baseball have this rule?  Also if players have already completed 3 years why not just stay in college another year and complete their degree?  Especially true for guys not picked in first round,

They don't.

You can be drafted out of high school.  You can be drafted after one year of community college.  Some players (Gausman for example) can be drafted as Sophomores.  Lots of players get drafted after their Senior year.

What’s he gonna do hold on to go back in the draft to get a chance to go number 1 again and deal with the Orioles again with the first pick.   If the Orioles go Vaughn that would about kill it for me.  The one thing we have right now is a bunch of first baseman or DH type guys that are our young talent.  Mancini, Mountcastle, Nunez and Sisco.  

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They don't.

You can be drafted out of high school.  You can be drafted after one year of community college.  Some players (Gausman for example) can be drafted as Sophomores.  Lots of players get drafted after their Senior year.

I believe Witt would be draft eligible in two years if he went to college, because of his advanced age.  

Archived