Chris Davis since he broke his 0-fer streak

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Yes, but it could be argued that is now. Mancini is clearly the choice at 1B and Nunez can DH. There’s really no reason to keep this up.

No doubt. 

When Smith is back that will cause a move. When Stewart is back that means another. Who knows. Maybe then.

6 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Davis 5/13-6/14
.138/.206/.172/.378; 58 AB; 0 HR; 1 RBI

32 Ks, 4 BBs. He has struck out 55% of the time!

To be fair though, the timeline should be May 15 - June 14--the O's didn't play on either May 13 or 14. He also had no at-bats between his 0/1 on May 24 and 0/5 on June 4. I think the number of ABs (58) during a 23-day stretch rather than the month-like timeframe is a truer picture.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, atomic said:

He starting to hit worse than a pitcher.  

I've made this point several times already: except for the 5 home runs, there are a good number of pitchers who hit just as well or better than Davis, and a lot of them could at least be counted on for a productive sacrifice bunt. And wearing a neat-looking jacket whenever they did manage to get on base.

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

I've made this point several times already: except for the 5 home runs, there are a good number of pitchers who hit just as well or better than Davis, and a lot of them could at least be counted on for a productive sacrifice bunt. And wearing a neat-looking jacket whenever they did manage to get on base.

Yeah I was checking out the better pitchers who have pitched a long time in National League for a long time and most have a higher career average than Davis’ average the last two years.. Greinke, Scherzer, Wianwright,  seems the best pitchers are also the best hitters.

Jake Arrrieta has hit about the same average as Chris Davis and has 4 triples. But in fairness to Arrieta he didn’t start hitting until he turned 28.

10 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Over 50% strikeout rate in June for Broxton.

At least he wasn’t having a conversation with the catcher when he struck out, unlike his performance in the OF where he was too busy talking with Santander to throw the ball in while a runner was advancing.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

At least he wasn’t having a conversation with the catcher when he struck out, unlike his performance in the OF where he was too busy talking with Santander to throw the ball in while a runner was advancing.  

I know things must have been bad yesterday when Frobby is ticked off and Hyde goes off in the postgame.

8 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Please tell me someone just saw what I saw: Chris Davis strikes out “looking” on a meatball straight down the middle and he starts yelling about it like it was a bad call.

It ended up being a brilliant bit of distraction, allowing Villar to take off for third while the Sox casually tossed the ball back to the pitcher. Who says Chris Davis doesn't contribute anything?

• Upvote 1