Chris Davis since he broke his 0-fer streak

Tony-OH

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think he's got a real shot at worst ever over a two year period.

Without looking up stats, I was thinking that Josh Hamilton and Kung Fu Panda stand out as not living up to their contracts and being bad, but they were mostly injured.  

44 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Without looking up stats, I was thinking that Josh Hamilton and Kung Fu Panda stand out as not living up to their contracts and being bad, but they were mostly injured.  

Pujols has been bad-not Chris Davis bad, but come on! Has anyone ever been that bad?

I just had a curious thought. How would you all feel if the O's cut him in a very unclassy way? Like sending him a text message in Oakland and not letting him travel home with the team. Is there that much anger? 

I don't expect this to happen and I don't want it to happen. I'm just curious if anyone is 100% in the blame Davis, screw him like he screwed us, kind of category.

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

I just had a curious thought. How would you all feel if the O's cut him in a very unclassy way? Like sending him a text message in Oakland and not letting him travel home with the team. Is there that much anger? 

I don't expect this to happen and I don't want it to happen. I'm just curious if anyone is 100% in the blame Davis, screw him like he screwed us, kind of category.

Why blame Davis for signing a contract that was extended to him?

I'm going on a limb here and say that if Elias had the go ahead from ownership he would have been gone. 

7 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Why blame Davis for signing a contract that was extended to him?

I'm going on a limb here and say that if Elias had the go ahead from ownership he would have been gone. 

I absolutely blame Davis, in addition to ownership. 

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

I don't even know what to say then. What do you blame Davis for?

I think there are three possibilities for what has happened to him.

1. He "earned" his contract under false pretenses and completely stopped doing what he needed to do to succeed. I think this is most likely. I don't advocate doing what he likely did, but this is essentially stealing from the Orioles, IMO. It doesn't make the O's any less stupid for signing him to this deal, but again, false pretenses of future production. 

2. He has a legit mental block. I don't know the odds of this, but while you do hear about mental blocks throwing the ball, I've never heard of or seen a similar mental block hitting. I imagine he does have some kind of mental block, but I think that's more effect than the cause of his problems.

3. He has a physical disability. This is not apparent and is probably the lowest probability. I imagine some can make a case that he could have an extreme aging curve, but again, I find it unlikely.

So yes, I'm mad. He's been a nice guy forever. However, I feel like he essentially walked up to an open Orioles bank vault with nobody around and took out all of the contents. He can gloss that over by being a good guy, and a lot of people seem willing to accept that, but I think the best odds are that he's a thief.

Yes, I expect to be flamed for this post.

18 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Of course we all do.  Even going back to his Pinch hit homer off Price.  We're just in a situation where we're not going to be good until 2022.  I'm hoping that a team that really trying to upgrade their offense views him as a COF for 1.5 seasons.  Then again, you look around at teams that are contending and it's hard to find a spot for him right now.  Even if you search COF/1B/DH.  Lot's of guys are putting up big numbers this year.  

The juiced ball has numbers inflated, no doubt. I really like Mancini though, but if he can be turned into legitimate chips, then I'm ok with moving him especially since Mountcastle plays his position now.

Archived