Chris Davis since he broke his 0-fer streak

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure.  I think a fair bit of it is him not putting in the work.

Does that anger you? 

I"m not trying to start a lynch mob, fwiw, but I've lost any feeling of nostalgia for the guy.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure.  I think a fair bit of it is him not putting in the work.

Absent pretty concrete proof, I’m not going there.   And yes, I know what Scott Coolbaugh said to Jim Palmer a year ago.    It’s in my nature to give people the benefit of the doubt on issues like this.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Absent pretty concrete proof, I’m not going there.   And yes, I know what Scott Coolbaugh said to Jim Palmer a year ago.    It’s in my nature to give people the benefit of the doubt on issues like this.  

I was asked my opinion.  To me the slower foot speed, lower body mass, Coolbaugh's comments show someone who is complacent. 

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was asked my opinion.  To me the slower foot speed, lower body mass, Coolbaugh's comments show someone who is complacent. 

I’m not faulting you for having your opinion.    I’m just not ready to go there.   

You've both been measured in your responses. I actually expected others to be more negative, but haven't heard from that side. 

(My first assumption was Frobby would respond essentially verbatim the way he did. Then I'd tell Frobby that I knew he'd respond that way (measured, anti-reactionary), but was curious about how many others felt. It's a compliment. Lol.)

Last night, Anthony Santander tried to lay down a bunt last night despite the fact that he has been hitting well since his call-up. Perhaps with a little better form he could have kept it fair. Like the bunt there or not with a hot hitter, can't argue the effort.

Chris Davis the worst hitter in baseball for two years and with one of the biggest holes in the game never shows that same effort. Does Davis know how to bunt? Probably not. Could Davis learn to bunt if he wanted to? Absolutely. But he doesn't. That makes me question his effort or at least his game focus. Do I want him to be a Hanser Alberto singles hitter? Of course not. But right now he is closer to Hamster Alberto, the least productive hitter in the game.

There have been many times where the situation dictated a baserunner but it's always the same wild swings blank stares approach. At this point he's more likely to get a lucky bunt single than a legitimate hit. 

Davis and bunting has been talked about before, but for me if he was struggling the same as now but every now and then helped out the team with a bunt, I'd be less frustrated with him. 

47 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I think he deserves frequent, loud, booing. 

I would get behind the idea of some form of "substance" but it doesn't explain the difference from '13 to '14, and then a bit of a jump up in '15. After 2015 the train totally came off the tracks.

Ideally he would work out a buyout and retire but there's a lot of money on the table. 

I'm not mad at you for your opinion though. He's an interesting case. 

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

I would get behind the idea of some form of "substance" but it doesn't explain the difference from '13 to '14, and then a bit of a jump up in '15. After 2015 the train totally came off the tracks.

Ideally he would work out a buyout and retire but there's a lot of money on the table. 

I'm not mad at you for your opinion though. He's an interesting case. 

It's so much money that 80% of it is still a lot of money.

58 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I think he deserves frequent, loud, booing. 

I'm for the booing, because to me - the booing isn't just at him; it's booing the situation the Orioles created not just by signing him to a ridiculously stupid contract - but continueing to play him.  

2 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I'm for the booing, because to me - the booing isn't just at him; it's booing the situation the Orioles created not just by signing him to a ridiculously stupid contract - but continueing to play him.  

Booing Davis could be seen as trying to help the team.  Anything within reason to help him consider taking a buyout.

Emotionally, I want the booing to be incessant. I think he deserves heckling. Rationally, I know some idiots will take it way too far so I hate to even type those first two sentences. I don't wish any ill on the man. I do wish he'd do the organization that made him a very wealthy man a solid and offer a buy out. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Booing Davis could be seen as trying to help the team.  Anything within reason to help him consider taking a buyout.

Put Davis back in the leadoff spot. Not as some ill thought out idea to get Davis hitting again like Buck did last season, but to shame Davis into retirement. And start using him regularly as a bullpen arm when the game is out of hand. Which will be often with this team.  

Archived