O's 2020 MLB Draft Chat: Picking #2/30/39/74

1 minute ago, O-The-Memories said:

The pick also makes a disillusioned fanbase even more upset. I wouldn't have this kind of reaction if we picked Lacy, Martin, or even Gonzalez. You could justify those picks if Martin had demanded too much money. We have the most money in the draft pool! I want the best players available, not a chance at "stealing" the 18th best prospect at 30. There is so much more value with the second rated pick. 

Winner.

2 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

So we picked a guy who doesn't have a great arm or range, and who strikes out a lot, and who has questionable swing mechanics as the number two pick. To answer an earlier question, I don't see a scenario where the 30 and 39 pick make up for it. Guys like Bitsko aren't likely to be there. 

CoC disagreed but I gotta think they have a number of guys that they're targeting to fall to those picks.

It only makes sense.  It's stupid to go with Kjerstad and pin your hopes on one or two guys being there when you pick next.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

CoC disagreed but I gotta think they have a number of guys that they're targeting to fall to those picks.

It only makes sense.  It's stupid to go with Kjerstad and pin your hopes on one or two guys being there when you pick next.  

I see this as a large pool savings.  I just don't see how they can have ten guys lined up that they think are worth the amount they should be saving here.

I could be wrong.

Just now, eddie83 said:

Giants just took another catcher. 

They could have an interesting situation when the NL adopts the DH.  Switch out Bart and Bailey between C and DH.  Keep both fresh.

Would have been interesting if the O’s did that with Rutschman, but we already have twelve DHs.