The Rubber Match (vs. ROCKIES, 5/26)

OFFNY

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TINSTAAPP said:

At this point, the Orioles should just have Bundy, Cashner, and Means in the rotation and go with an opener the other two days like the Rays do. 

I was in agreement until I realized that whoever we'd have as an opener probably would suck, too.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

That one wasn't catchable.   Certainly not starting from the shallow position where Broxton was playing with the pitcher up.

Yeah, a victim to shallow positioning just like Dahl's double on Friday night.

3 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

At this point, the Orioles should just have Bundy, Cashner, and Means in the rotation and go with an opener the other two days like the Rays do. 

All that means is that the Rays' "real" starter doesn't come in until the 2nd inning.   It doesn't mean they don't have a pitcher who is going to pitch the bulk of the game.   They've been using Yonny Chirinos, Yarborough, and Beeks in that role.   Chrinos has been great, the other two OK.

So all you are saying is pitch Paul Fry or someone in the first inning and then come on with Straily or Hess or Ynoa anyway.   You think that will really solve our problem?

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

At least we have a "lock down" bullpen!

So we have THAT going for us.

Which is nice!

I'm throwing the penalty flag.   Two Caddyshack pulls in on game thread.   The greatness that is Bill Murray must be rationed carefully.

Archived