2019 11th round pick (318): Andrew Daschbach - CI - (JR) Stanford

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wrong forum, no?   Glad to have him in the fold.    Maybe the IronBirds should change their name to the Cardinal for this summer.   

Any positive news is welcome on the main board. Plus we just signed all our top 33 picks. Everyone except some HS fliers we took at the end of the draft. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Any positive news is welcome on the main board. Plus we just signed all our top 33 picks. Everyone except some HS fliers we took at the end of the draft. 

Now we need some more free shirt giveaway days to get butts in the seats to pay these young men and avoid bankruptcy.  ?  #walkwithelias

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yes, very strong performance by Elias in his first draft, in terms of signing the guys he drafted.   Hopefully, the guys he drafted will perform.   

I’m not complaining about the signing at all, I have no idea who this guy is, I’m just wondering why he was worth so much more than the slot allowed?

Meanwhile I quite agree that this was a successful draft. There were doubtless several guys who are at risk of failing to sign, but he got them anyway

24 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not complaining about the signing at all, I have no idea who this guy is, I’m just wondering why he was worth so much more than the slot allowed?

Meanwhile I quite agree that this was a successful draft. There were doubtless several guys who are at risk of failing to sign, but he got them anyway

He held out and got the left over money from the under slot savings.  

Slightly risky move on his agent's part that paid off.  If we had been able to sign one of the high school guys he probably would have been out of luck.  

On 6/29/2019 at 8:10 PM, Obando said:

Callis said he signed for $250k.  I’m glad they got this one done.  Now just waiting to see what Houston Roth got paid, and if Dan Hammer ended up signing or not.

150 a piece.