Trade Resource

Greg Pappas

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/prospects/stats?dateRange=Year2019&minPA=1

I love looking at this link because it makes it so easy to get updated stats for most of our top prospects AND is a cool resource to review other teams' top prospects when considering potential trades.

There is a drop-down menu to choose a team right above where it reads "Top Prospect Batters".

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3

In regards to Cashner or Bundy, I imagine the Astros could be a potential fit. Their GM, Jeff Luhnow, says he's eyeing pitching.  One Astros prospect (among others) that caught my eye is 23-year old RHSP Tyler Ivey. He had been caught with a substance on his glove earlier this season and was suspended 14 games. He has since returned and has pitched very well this season. I'm not sure what Elias thinks of Ivey's suspension, but he drafted Ivey in the 3rd round in 2017.

Anyway, this is just one guy that could be a fit, and with Elias' relationship with Houston, a deal (or two) with them could make sense.

EDIT: Ivey hasn't pitched since May 17th. He went on the 7-day injured list 5/21/19... so it's unclear whether he'd be on our radar.

2 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

In regards to Cashner or Bundy, I imagine the Astros could be a potential fit. Their GM, Jeff Luhnow, says he's eyeing pitching.  One Astros prospect (among others) that caught my eye is 23-year old RHSP Tyler Ivey. He had been caught with a substance on his glove earlier this season and was suspended 14 games. He has since returned and has pitched very well this season. I'm not sure what Elias thinks of Ivey's suspension, but he drafted Ivey in the 3rd round in 2017.

Anyway, this is just one guy that could be a fit, and with Elias' relationship with Houston, a deal (or two) with them could make sense.

What do you think Villar's market will be?  I see no reason for the Orioles to keep him, and he has value with 1.5 years left of control.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:25 PM, Greg Pappas said:

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/prospects/stats?dateRange=Year2019&minPA=1

I love looking at this link because it makes it so easy to get updated stats for most of our top prospects AND is a cool resource to review other teams' top prospects when considering potential trades.

There is a drop-down menu to choose a team right above where it reads "Top Prospect Batters".

I do my own, pretty similar, lists. And gives me a fun morning task going through box scores staying updated on everyone. Links below:

Pitching Prospects

Hitting Prospects

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Yardball85 said:

What do you think Villar's market will be?  I see no reason for the Orioles to keep him, and he has value with 1.5 years left of control.

Agreed, I believe he should be dealt as well. The trade I mentioned was specifically related to Bundy and Cashner being potential candidates for the Astros. 

Villar has been a solid addition since his trade here in the package for Schoop. Hopefully he improves his numbers as the deadline approaches. As for what he might garner, it's hard to say. I don't see a lot of teams needing a 2B, but I'd venture that he might get us an average system's top 11-15 prospect. That's just a guess though. 

2 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Umm, Ivey hasn't pitched since May 17th and there has been zero news anywhere about what the situation is. I highly doubt anyone is trading for him right now. Also, the Astros have better options in the minors.

34 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Umm, Ivey hasn't pitched since May 17th and there has been zero news anywhere about what the situation is. I highly doubt anyone is trading for him right now. Also, the Astros have better options in the minors.

You are correct. Ivey hasn't pitched since May 17th. I read an article saying he was back and assumed he had continued pitching thereafter. My mistake. He went on the 7-day injured list 5/21/19...