Gunnar Henderson signs

Luke-OH

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

I wish they’d pay attention to vendors blocking your view.    That’s a constant problem where I sit, just on the RH side of the aisle near 1B 13 rows back.    I constantly have someone hawking beer, hot dogs etc. blocking my view of home plate.   For that matter, tell that damned Bird to get off the dugout roof!    

I agree with this. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Frobby said:

I wish they’d pay attention to vendors blocking your view.    That’s a constant problem where I sit, just on the RH side of the aisle near 1B 13 rows back.    I constantly have someone hawking beer, hot dogs etc. blocking my view of home plate.   For that matter, tell that damned Bird to get off the dugout roof!    

Fans are worse for me. Stand up just as the inning starts and then look for money or have a conversation with the person sitting next to them for a minute . People seem to not care that you might be blocking someone from seeing the field. All about themselves. The waving during the inning is nice. If you want to see someone who you know go over to them or visit them in the concourse. You are not landing airplanes in the stadium. At least do it between innings. Also everyone should be allowed to bring in an umbrella as big as a tent into the stadium. It is important to open it and not look if someone might get hit in the head by it or speared. I see nothing or no people.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Aglets said:

Yeah I noticed that detail as well.   Only saw him speak for a few minutes but he seemed like a good kid based on little things like that.

This is generally more common in the South, I don't think you can read much into it unless you believe kids from the South are generally better than kids from the North.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

This is generally more common in the South, I don't think you can read much into it unless you believe kids from the South are generally better than kids from the North.  

Polite in a 17 year old is good wherever they are from. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Fans are worse for me. Stand up just as the inning starts and then look for money or have a conversation with the person sitting next to them for a minute . People seem to not care that you might be blocking someone from seeing the field. All about themselves. The waving during the inning is nice. If you want to see someone who you know go over to them or visit them in the concourse. You are not landing airplanes in the stadium. At least do it between innings. Also everyone should be allowed to bring in an umbrella as big as a tent into the stadium. It is important to open it and not look if someone might get hit in the head by it or speared. I see nothing or no people.

In the section to my left, some guy sat down in the second row wearing a giant costume head probably 2 feet tall and 18” wide.    Did it occur to this guy that he’s going to block the view of several people sitting behind him?    Apparently not, or else he just didn’t care.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Elias said he saw Henderson play about 30 times while Elias was with Houston.   That’s what you call having “eyes on!”    I’m very excited we were able to sign him.  

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/06/elias-on-henderson-international-signings-and-more.html

I love that, and another part of the article was also a breath of fresh air::

Elias isn’t ignoring the international market. He’s still multi-tasking and expressed joy again today at the batch of signings that will be announced beginning next week.

“Most of the prep work happens before July 2,” he said. “We all know that. But we still have to get the kids signed, physicals, get their visas processed and it’s a lot of work, and our people have been doing that behind the scenes.

“I just think it’s going to be a very fun day for this organization to have an infusion of Dominican and Venezuelan and even guys from the Bahamas, there’s going to be a lot of international talent coming in and it’s going to be inspiring.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

One of my biggest pet peeves, especially when I have my kids with me.  Truly I think a lot of people don't understand that there are people in the stands who are there largely to watch the baseball game.  It's so much of a social thing for some that the game is just something going on in the background.  Which is fine as long as you're courteous to the people around you.  It amazes me how often people will sit in their seats all through pre-game, and then as soon as the first inning starts they all get up to go get food or drinks or whatever.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

In the section to my left, some guy sat down in the second row wearing a giant costume head probably 2 feet tall and 18” wide.    Did it occur to this guy that he’s going to block the view of several people sitting behind him?    Apparently not, or else he just didn’t care.   

Many people just don't care . Was that the guy who looked like he had on a Grinch mask or was that someone else? 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Those things have to play havoc with a person's reaction time.  Where's a hot foul ball with eyes or better yet a thrown bat when you need one?

On 6/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, Satyr3206 said:

Years ago at Memorial Stadium when the O's were very good the Ushers would check tickets and enforce the seating for the first 2 or 3 innings. After that you could pretty much sit where you want. They seemed to enforce ticket seating at Camden Yards in the 90's but the crowds were pretty big. I haven't been to a game for quite some time now so I have no idea how it is now.

In the bleachers at Memorial Stadium you could not move to the first four rows until after the 4th inning.  Those seats were usually empty until that point.

As a long time Memorial Stadium right field bleacher attendee I noticed a total difference in the enforcement at Camden Yards.  They didn't check your tickets but I saw a fan get thrown out for Mooning the Bird at Camden Yards in the bleachers.  I think he would have been fine at Memorial stadium. 

3 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

One of my biggest pet peeves, especially when I have my kids with me.  Truly I think a lot of people don't understand that there are people in the stands who are there largely to watch the baseball game.  It's so much of a social thing for some that the game is just something going on in the background.  Which is fine as long as you're courteous to the people around you.  It amazes me how often people will sit in their seats all through pre-game, and then as soon as the first inning starts they all get up to go get food or drinks or whatever 

That is why my season tickets were always on the aisle. If I want to get up 10 times during the game I don't want to disturb the people next to me.   If I drink beer and have 4 beers during the game that is at least 4 times  I get up. 

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Many people just don't care . Was that the guy who looked like he had on a Grinch mask or was that someone else? 

I had that fat guy who went shirtless and had a super hero costume sit next to me once. He didn't block my view but I thought he must have been mentally ill and it disturbed my enjoyment of the game.  I thought about calling security on him as I knew those weren't his seats.  Really keep your shirt on at the games applies to everyone even if you under the assumption that you are a super hero. 

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

That’s the guy.   And yes, I get that it was halfway to Christmas night, but come on!

• Like 1