You can't say you were there when it started, unless you are there

weams

5 hours ago, weams said:

You Can't Say You were There when It Started, Unless You are There

o

I was at Matt Wieters' 1st game ever, in late May of 2009.

It was also the beginning of an excellent 2-month run for Bergesen ........ he pitched into the 9th inning that night, allowing only 2 runs. When Dave Trembley took him out in the 9th inning, the loudspeakers at OPACY played "The Kid is Hot Tonight", by Loverboy.

There were 7 people in the upper deck, all with orange paint covering their upper bodies ........ each of them had a large, black capital letter on their chests ........ WIETERS

o

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

It was also the beginning of an excellent 2-month run for Bergesen ........ he pitched into the 9th inning that night, allowing only 2 runs. When Dave Trembley took him out in the 9th inning, the loudspeakers at OPACY played "The Kid is Hot Tonight", by Loverboy.

There were 7 people in the upper deck, all with orange paint covering their upper bodies ........ each of them had a large, black capital letter on their chests ........ WIETERS

o

I was there too, great experience. I saved my ticket in case he made the Hall of Fame. I can probably throw that away. I will be sure to be there for Adley's first game in a couple years.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

Illegitimate child!

I was at Viera, FL when Matt hit his first pro homer in ST vs the Nats - an oppo taco!  I also was in AZ at an AFL game when Bryce Harper hit his first pro homer - laced to right.  But, I digress  - tonight is gonna be a real good night - OH presence and Adley in BP!!!

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I was at Wieters’ first game. Hit a triple IIRC.

EDIT: nah, triple was in his second game. I have no idea which one I went to now.

I hate it when baseball reference proves things I remember didn't happen.  And it seems to happen a lot.

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I remember watching on television, it was the most alive Camden Yards had been since Cal's retirement. Wieters now has 5 triples in 3,853 career at bats. 

I saw Wieters hit his first career homerun. It was Adam Jones bobblehead night against the Mets.