vs. INDIANS, 6/29

OFFNY

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There is weather now, that is why that don't ask me to make the call on delaying the game. 

I didn't look at that weather map you showed since I use a VPN and apparently, wbal.com can't be viewed from Austria. However, I used to watch weather channel a lot and have a radar app on my phone and I noticed some years ago that weather channel censors their radars in a way that makes bad storms look not so bad. Many mainstream news channels do this and I can't figure out why, but the app on my phone shows the radar accurately. Yellows and reds though it's brief and fast moving with some light rain (green) behind it.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Andrew Burton Cashner - RHP )) (7-3, 4.37 ERA) ))) (SCRATCHED) OOO Shawn Michael Armstrong - RHP )) (0-0, 3.91 ERA)

o

o

Cashner Scratched: Pitching Plans, and Playing Sisco

(By Roch Kubatko)

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/06/more-on-pitching-plans-and-playing-sisco.html

o

9 minutes ago, Sessh said:

I didn't look at that weather map you showed since I use a VPN and apparently, wbal.com can't be viewed from Austria. However, I used to watch weather channel a lot and have a radar app on my phone and I noticed some years ago that weather channel censors their radars in a way that makes bad storms look not so bad. Many mainstream news channels do this and I can't figure out why, but the app on my phone shows the radar accurately. Yellows and reds though it's brief and fast moving with some light rain (green) behind it.

Ok thanks, that is interesting. It might be the same applies for WBAL, their radar could also be on a lag by 15-30 minutes too. I know, I've seen that before on other websites.

31 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

The game is being delayed for threat of inclement weather. Would hate to waste Armstrong's ability to go 7+. The forecast is fine. Light rain on the forecast in a half hour. What a joke.

o

Roch Kubatko said that there was no reason given for Andrew Cashner being scratched and replaced with Armstrong, but he suspects that it could have been weather-related.

o