Eshelman Scratched, Starts Monday?

weams

I'm rooting for the guy. He's been waiting a long time for this and has had long stretches of dominating performances in AAA along the way. Sadly, I just know he'll be crucified if he doesn't do well in his first start. This is a guy that should get an extended look and could be a decent rotation arm. I sure hope so.

Why not?  We’ve literally ran through every rotation option in Baltimore & Norfolk except Akin. 

When contenders start stacking their rosters for a playoff push hopefully we’ll be able to pick up some depth pieces off the waiver wire or through small trades to fill out starts. 

Well, Elias’ record on pitching is still developing. There was some dismay that Ramirez was dumped instead of, oh, anybody, but Armstrong has been a big Add.

his player acquisitions have been really good overall, so there’s reason to believe that Mr E will do acceptably.

I was watching the norfolk starter's throw their bullpens yesterday while a softball game was going on on the field.  I didnt get names or numbers, but one of the guys was throwing very well. Throwing hard. Hitting the glove down and away.  Hopefully that was eschelman. Whoever it was looked head and shoulders above the rest to me ...  btw, sounds like Hays should be back soon ....

Archived