Just walk him

Frobby

Trout on a roll: Of course, in this series the Orioles will face the great Mike Trout, who is having an outstanding year, even by his usual lofty standards. He’s batting .298/.445/.666 with 33 homers, 80 RBIs and an OPS of 1.110. He is on his way to a third straight season with an OPS of at least 1.000 and a fifth straight year with at least .991.

Going into last night’s game, The Angels’ center fielder had mashed 11 home runs in his last 13 games. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, he joined former Oriole Doug DeCinces as the only Angels with 11 home runs in a 13-game span (DeCinces hit 12 in 13 contests in 1982). Trout’s 33 home runs are the most in franchise history through the club’s first 102 games.

Over those 13 games, Trout is batting .340 (16-for-50) with 11 homers, three doubles and 23 RBIs. On March 20, Trout signed a 12-year, $426.5 million contract. It will keep him in Anaheim through the 2030 season.

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/07/next-road-trip-stop-os-face-mike-trout-and-angels-in-anaheim.html

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Trout on a roll: Of course, in this series the Orioles will face the great Mike Trout, who is having an outstanding year, even by his usual lofty standards. He’s batting .298/.445/.666 with 33 homers, 80 RBIs and an OPS of 1.110. He is on his way to a third straight season with an OPS of at least 1.000 and a fifth straight year with at least .991.

Going into last night’s game, The Angels’ center fielder had mashed 11 home runs in his last 13 games. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, he joined former Oriole Doug DeCinces as the only Angels with 11 home runs in a 13-game span (DeCinces hit 12 in 13 contests in 1982). Trout’s 33 home runs are the most in franchise history through the club’s first 102 games.

Over those 13 games, Trout is batting .340 (16-for-50) with 11 homers, three doubles and 23 RBIs. On March 20, Trout signed a 12-year, $426.5 million contract. It will keep him in Anaheim through the 2030 season.

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/07/next-road-trip-stop-os-face-mike-trout-and-angels-in-anaheim.html

And yet as great as he is, the Angels are still 5 games over .500, 11.5 games back in the division, and 4 back of a WC playoff spot.

I mean, the Angels are definitely in the playoff hunt.

They’ve won four in a row and are only four games out of the wildcard.

Obviously I want the Os to sweep em, but after this series, I’m cheering for them to snag an AL Wildcard spot and the Diamondbacks to sneak into an NL Wildcard spot.

I like Trout and Ohtani.

I like Jones, Walker, and McFarland.

Just now, TommyPickles said:

I mean, the Angels are definitely in the playoff hunt.

They’ve won four in a row and are only four games out of the wildcard.

Obviously I want the Os to sweep em, but after this series, I’m cheering for them to snag an AL Wildcard spot and the Diamondbacks to sneak into an NL Wildcard spot.

I like Trout and Ohtani.

I like Jones, Walker, and McFarland.

This feels like a series where the Orioles lose 3 out of 4 or get swept. (Yeah I know big stretch with this team.)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can try and fail.  I do think they are trying.

Angels have been poorly run, if they really weren't trying Trout would be wearing pinstripes or Dodger blue by now. 

They have significant money allocated to players not with the team (Matt Harvey and Cody Allen), and overpaying Pujols and Upton. 

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can try and fail.  I do think they are trying.

I have no idea if they are trying or not, that could mean so many things.   But, they did just commit almost a half of billion dollars on one player, yes I know the point is to build around that player, but almost a half billion dollars!  Trout is special to watch, should be a fun series to watch....if I can stay up late enough....

49 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Angels have been poorly run, if they really weren't trying Trout would be wearing pinstripes or Dodger blue by now. 

They have significant money allocated to players not with the team (Matt Harvey and Cody Allen), and overpaying Pujols and Upton. 

They have been poorly run. They have spent WAY too much money.