Orioles set MLB Record

weams

1 minute ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I was really surprised that no other team has done that in all these years. 

Me too.  It doesn't seem like it would have been that difficult in 1987, the steroid era, or the current juiced ball era.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

What's the record for most games in a row giving up two homeruns?

I pretty much expect the O's have that one as well.

You're basically talking about the month of April.  Notice July is the lowest of the year
Month    G  HR   AVG
MAR      3      4    1.33
APR     27    69    2.56
MAY    27    45     1.67
JUN    26     47     1.81
JUL    21     32     1.52
        104    197    1.89

Looking at the game logs, there were 4 games with 0 HRs surrendered, and 5 games with only 1 HR.  The longest 2+ HRs was in 8 straight games until O's pitching was kryptonite for BOS batters (4G, 3 HRs).   

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

You're basically talking about the month of April.  Notice July is the lowest of the year
Month    G  HR   AVG
MAR      3      4    1.33
APR     27    69    2.56
MAY    27    45     1.67
JUN    26     47     1.81
JUL    21     32     1.52
        104    197    1.89

That's a heck of an outlier, punctuated by the idea that more home runs are hit in hotter weather.

But it may not really be an outlier.  It could be that the team hadn't settled in on which dumpster dives and AAAA players were going to stick.  This is a better team than it was at the start of the season, I have little doubt of it.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

That's a heck of an outlier, punctuated by the idea that more home runs are hit in hotter weather.

But it may not really be an outlier.  It could be that the team hadn't settled in on which dumpster dives and AAAA players were going to stick.  This is a better team than it was at the start of the season, I have little doubt of it.

The opponent has something to do with it.  In April, NYY and OAK both tagged the O's for 10 total HRs in back-to-back games; MIN went 1 better hitting 11 HRs in the 4/20 DH.  For the season against the O's, NY and OAK average 3 HR/G and MIN is just under 4/G (3.83).   The O's get NYY for 7 games in August to finish the season series with them.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s pretty tough to hit at least 2 homers in 10 straight games and yet only hit 21 total.    

34 for July is the best per game average of the season.   Giving up less and hitting more both in the same month is a formula for winning said Captain Obvious.