8/11/08- Orioles vs Indians

tanner88

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The play at 2nd with Cintron was BS in my opinion. He didn't touch the bag, but it wasn't blatant and he was very close to it at the very least. 99 times out of a 100 that's an out.

On another note, Sarfate is really stinking up the joint tonight.

The play at 2nd with Cintron was BS in my opinion. He didn't touch the bag, but it wasn't blatant and he was very close to it at the very least. 99 times out of a 100 that's an out.

On another note, Sarfate is really stinking up the joint tonight.

The neighborhood play is kind of like getting the benefit of the doubt on borderline pitches. If you've earned your stripes as a respectable SS/2B, you get the call. If you're as awful as Cintron, you haven't earned the privilege of stretching the rules. Besides, he screwed up the throw to first too. I think the umpire just got frustrated feeling like he was at a little league game with all the substandard defense and pitching we're putting out there.

The neighborhood play is kind of like getting the benefit of the doubt on borderline pitches. If you've earned your stripes as a respectable SS/2B, you get the call. If you're as awful as Cintron, you haven't earned the privilege of stretching the rules. Besides, he screwed up the throw to first too. I think the umpire just got frustrated feeling like he was at a little league game with all the substandard defense and pitching we're putting out there.

I suppose, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that 99 out of 100 times the umpire makes the out call in that situation. If he were blatantly off the bag I would agree with you, but he was literally within 6-12 inches of the bag.

Unless he can get through the 4th without giving up any more runs! It could happen.

Radhames Liz was a much better starter than Sarfate. I realize they want Liz to work on his control at Norfolk, but they may have to bring him back up.

I suppose, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that 99 out of 100 times the umpire makes the out call in that situation. If he were blatantly off the bag I would agree with you, but he was literally within 6-12 inches of the bag.

I agree with you that it's 99 out of 100 for the average Major League player, but whenever the play is not called, it's either a rookie or someone who doesn't belong in the majors. Cintron has no business being at shortstop, so I can't really blame the umpire for expecting him to do the job by the textbook.

The Indians announcers are terrible. When the Indians got the call, the umps made a great call, but when the Os get the call, it was a bad call and clearly the wrong call. They're not as bad as the White Sox announcers, but they are bad.

Archived