Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

1 hour ago, atomic said:

LOL.  I was talking about sports players who can’t get admitted to four year colleges. Obviously the threshold for elite athletes getting into 4 year colleges is much lower than the general population.  If you consider yourself a deplorable that is nothing to do with me or my statement.  It is never too late to get a college degree.  In MD you can go for free to public colleges once you hit 60.  

You just get better and better.  Obviously, you have know idea who I am, my level of education, my age, or level of achievement in my profession or life.  But, you're too damn funny for me to put on ignore.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

You just get better and better.  Obviously, you have know idea who I am, my level of education, my age, or level of achievement in my profession or life.  But, you're too damn funny for me to put on ignore.

I tried to explain this to him yesterday but I guess it was too difficult a concept.

A baseball player that goes to a four year university has to spend between two and three years in college before he is eligible for the draft (depending on age).  A baseball player that enrolls in a CC can enter the draft one year out of HS.

So a baseball player that thinks he has a future in professional baseball might just be trying to reenter the draft earlier.

Sorry about replying to you instead of him but I didn't feel like hunting for his post.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Sorry about replying to you instead of him but I didn't feel like hunting for his post.

No problem.  His obvious disdain for people who make life choices he looks down on simply pisses me off.  I don't care whether my plumber has a college degree, but I appreciate the hell out of him when my shower starts working again.  And, I pay him a pretty penny to make it happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

Hopefully, he announces his retirement.

I honestly don't understand why doesn't just retire and walk away.

He's made over 100 million in his career.  He's got deferred payments coming to him for over a decade from now.

Honestly, think about it logically:

Are you happier having to embarrass yourself in a very public waqy every day for many years to have 150 million OR to be able to retire in you early 30s, spend time with your young family, live fairly anonymously and have 100 million dollars?

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

He cannot be enjoying himself.

1 minute ago, milbest77 said:

And, shockingly, the good ole “ho- hum nothing to see here” response. 

Curious, what would’ve happened to, say, Chance Sisco, if he reacted the same way?

The wealthy have no accountability, imagine that...

Buck isn't here so maybe nothing would have changed.

It is not a good look.

5 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

And, shockingly, the good ole “ho- hum nothing to see here” response. 

Curious, what would’ve happened to, say, Chance Sisco, if he reacted the same way?

The wealthy have no accountability, imagine that...

He has a great deal of union protection that affords him that luxury. Not just his wealth. 

14 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Hopefully, he announces his retirement.

I honestly don't understand why doesn't just retire and walk away.

He's made over 100 million in his career.  He's got deferred payments coming to him for over a decade from now.

Honestly, think about it logically:

Are you happier having to embarrass yourself in a very public waqy every day for many years to have 150 million OR to be able to retire in you early 30s, spend time with your young family, live fairly anonymously and have 100 million dollars?

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

He cannot be enjoying himself.

I would make him play every inning of every game until he gets so sick of embarrassing himself that he finally gives in and retires. Hyde has been doing him a huge favor not playing him everyday.