Jim Palmer has an infection

Going Underground

5 hours ago, andrewochs615 said:

Palmer I think is an anti-vaxer. Hopefully his views have changed since this tweet

As am I. Thing is Shingles is totally preventable with adequate intake of Vitamin C. I wouldn't get those shots either.

29 minutes ago, Sessh said:

As am I. Thing is Shingles is totally preventable with adequate intake of Vitamin C. I wouldn't get those shots either.

Lets just all agree that vaccines would be a lot cooler if pharmaceutical companies weren't so terrible. If that's a compromise, let's bring it all back to baseball and hoping for the best for Mr. Palmer

4 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Lets just all agree that vaccines would be a lot cooler if pharmaceutical companies weren't so terrible. If that's a compromise, let's bring it all back to baseball and hoping for the best for Mr. Palmer

My reasons are pretty well fleshed out at this point with evidence and am not at all ashamed of my position. I was just showing my support for Jim's position as well and of course, Palmer is the best. I hope he's around for many more years and I hope he gets better soon!

1 hour ago, Sessh said:

My reasons are pretty well fleshed out at this point with evidence and am not at all ashamed of my position. I was just showing my support for Jim's position as well and of course, Palmer is the best. I hope he's around for many more years and I hope he gets better soon!

Not saying you are wrong at all; I've just seen this pattern before.  Only a matter of time till thread will be shut if people don't bring it back to Palmer.  Shame to see a Palmer thread shutdown.

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Yes,keep it on Mr.Palmer. Don't need this turning into claims that are not based on studies and research.Do your own research and make up your mind based on reputable websites.

I do and I have. I wouldn't base it on anything else and if I do my own research, hours of it before I come to a conclusion which does include studies and research in peer-reviewed journals. I do not make knee-jerk emotional conclusions and I can and have defended my position successfully in the past. I was only supporting Palmer in what he said.

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Not saying you are wrong at all; I've just seen this pattern before.  Only a matter of time till thread will be shut if people don't bring it back to Palmer.  Shame to see a Palmer thread shutdown.

Vaccines are not politics. They are advanced science. Herd immunity is real. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, ScGO's said:

I understand. Honestly, it's been well over a year since I thought about this topic at all as I'm pretty comfortable with my position on this. So, I won't be going down that road. Besides, the vaccinated have nothing to fear from the unvaccinated. Nothing. :) I think I'm just more pro-choice on the issue than "anti" anything.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ben and Bordick. Ben spent part of the game broadcasting from the bullpen and that hangout behind centerfield. 

I thought that was pretty good talking to players in game. I liked when Ben asked the bullpen about their reaction when the phone rang. They all looked at him like lobsters were growing out of his ears. Luckily Fry helped out with the awkward moment by answering his question.

But back to the topic. Godspeed and well wishes Mr. Palmer.

• Upvote 1